Great lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great lure

I have been having outstanding success with a lure i started using this year. It's a Yozuri crystal minnow 3 1/2 inches suspending in the black/silver color. I was using The larger 4 1/4 model on the upper Choptank where i live with good results catching 18 to 24 inch rockfish while fishing for bass in the spring. This month i was catching more breaking fish on the smaller one...it was catching when bkds and bass assassins drew a blank. I should mention i use a 16 ft. Lund when i'm not using the kayak...hard to chase birds in a kayak. Yesterday i went to Claiborne. Nothing was happening with breakers so i went to the laydowns at Til. Pt..I caught a bunch of rock from 14 to 22 inches, some small blues and big w.p..All i used was the 3 1/2 yozuri and u.l. tackle. I got two at once on one cast. It was so flat calm yesterday, i ended up at Parson's Is...30 minutes after the quake i hooked a 30 inch rock on this lure and u.l. rod. There is a submerged rock area where i was casting and the fish was heading right for it. I managed to get the rockfish away with the help of my trolling motor. I have caught bigger rock on bigger tackle, but this is my biggest on U.L.....WHAT A BLAST. This lure is pricey at 10.00 but in my opinion worth it.
    Attached Files

That is a great trick to catch two rockfish on a single hard plastic lure. Nice going.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Yea, it's cool when you can see other fish follow the hooked fish...it happens every once and awhile...it's really unnerving when the fish following are bigger then the one that's hooked.

Comment

I had a senior moment, The 30 incher was caught at Poplar Is. Not Parson's Is.

Comment

The Crystal Minnow is a great lure. I have been using the deep diver version for trolling from the kayak. Another excellent lure is the Rapala Silver Ghost in the Glass Rap series. I troll that lure alot, with much sucess.

Comment

I just got the yozuri deep diving version...haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have also used the rapala x-rap with good success. I like the glass ghost color.

Comment

Originally posted by mytime View Post
              I just got the yozuri deep diving version...haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have also used the rapala x-rap with good success. I like the glass ghost color.
              I like Rapalas a lot- use most of their line of hard lures- the shallow divers in Fire Tiger for Mattawoman Creek kill the bass- they love that lure-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I love the crystal minnow. We usedd them in Guatemala for everything, especially BIG sierra mackeral ( like a spanish on steroids). We also caught a variety of small tuna, jacks, barracuda, giant needlefish, even a roosterfish (escaped).
                The great thing is they can be trolled FAST. The "clown" and trout colors were best for us. Keep having with this great lure.
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                X