Battle Tank Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Tank Wheels

So I decided i needed wheels for the kayak. I may have gone overboard.
    15''x6'' tires 3/4''pvc pipe 1/2'' metal pipe cam up with these...Sand should not be an issue.

It fits the malibu and the hobie wheel base is 34''....
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

You put some of those on the front and youlll have yourself a monster yak.

Thanks for the idea definently an easier way to pull around the yak if you dont mind me asking were did you get those wheels from?

Comment

Cool. When did you get the Malibu?
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

nice....finally!
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I was thinking about making the same thing for my Scupper Pro, only a bit less "all-terrain". I'm not cool enough to pull that off. Any chance you took a few more pics? How'd you attach the wheels to the PVC?

Comment

How did it work out? Does it fit and work well on your Revo?
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

fits the revo great and has no issues on sand and rough terrain... Except the stairs at kiptopeake gave it a beating so im tweaking it abit.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I'm thinking about making one for my Outback. I already have the Wheeleez from the PVC cart used for my Trident.

If the two vertical PVC pipes aren't strong enough, I could use wooden dowels.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  I'm thinking about making one for my Outback. I already have the Wheeleez from the PVC cart used for my Trident.

If the two vertical PVC pipes aren't strong enough, I could use wooden dowels.
                  I bit the bullet and ordered the Hobie Trax 2 cart from Austin Canoe and Kayak- it ain't cheap but it is all stainless steel and fat tires for sand, mud, etc.
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

i got the hobie wheels when i bought my revo. built 2 out of pvc for my tarpon and redfish. i used 1/2" elec. conduit for axels and could remove quick pins to change the wheeleez wheels from cart to cart depending which yak i was using. luckily 1 guy bought both yaks. used 1" pvc first but i was too hard on it and it didnt last, went to 1.5" pvc with reducers to .5" for .5" galv nipples to go into the scuppers

Comment

Working...
                    X