Go Pro HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Pro HD

Well I finally decided today I was going to buy the go pro HD 1080. I looked around online but really couldn't find it cheaper that the 259.99 Naked or any of the higher packages. I did find best buy had it along with a 8gig sd disk, but they wouldn't honor my 10% coupon for it b/c that sale is only an online sale. So I searched bing and I saw it for 239.95....at Eastern Performance Cycle in Gambrills its out near Crofton, Md. But it wasnt the naked it was the motorsport hero that lists at 299.99....I called sure enough it was 239.. So off I went. So now I have my go pro I did buy the head band thing also but still, it didn't cost me what it cost just for the naked alone and I have some mounts to try out still. Here is the link www.easternperformance.com if your interested in picking one up. I'm glad I found it b/c it saved me a good amount...also best buy had there sd cards on sale I picked up a class 10, 16gig for 35. The guys there were pretty cool and helpful. Cool store also.

Welcome to the GoPro ranks- I got the naked and ordered mounts- the YakAttack Sunfish mount is awesome over the shoulder mount- you need the 1/4-20 tripod mount from GoPro, though. It is a tiny little thing, but packed with features.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

you'll have fun and enjoy videos! i've been using 'windows live moviemaker' that was on my laptop to edit/compile footage. not very hard.

one of the best things about gopro is their secure/strong mounting system. i lost my gopro during a tussle i picked with a ray. NOT gopro's fault,...

i had attached a go pro receiver mount onto a spring-clamp (from home depot) very securely.

i removably attached the spring clamp to a pvc tube, that was pressed into a pvc fitting, that was pressed onto a second PVC tube, that was stuck in a rod holder. but did not glue any of the pvc together.

the ray headed south, apparently leaving town. drag on a penn 330 wasn't slowing it down. to prevent getting pulled sideways to the significant chop that day, i swung the rod around. and knocked the pvc loose. the camera, mount, clamp and 1st pvc pipe all went down to davy jones locker. in the heat of battle, i didn't even know it had happened.

some nice footage of me catching big croaker. out there somewhere laying on the bottom of the bay,...
      Last edited by Southerly; 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

The YayAttack Panfish mount (Sunfish?) is the answer to that problem- attach it using the Mighty Mount system and you have a strong durable and "floatable" mounting system for your video camera- the carbon fiber hollow tube with soft foam grip is sealed- it floats!

Comment

thanks for the tip, i was looking at their lineup based on one of your previous posts.

one thing for sure - i can't afford to keep learning the hard way.

Comment

This is the next toy on my buy list.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

for camera mounting, i decided to roll the dice again. i ordered a quikpod dslr monopod. hopefully, i learned enough from previous experience that i can protect my camera and still get the shots i want.

http://www.quikpod.com/dslr.asp

if you search a site like B&H Photo, you'll see tons of these things to compare. the quikpod is apparently one of the flimsiest telescoping monopods out there, judging by the weight it can support. i chose it anyway because the thick part of the telescoping sections is at the bottom. i think this will make it easy to adapt for use in fishing rod holders. at either the extended (53"), or retracted (18") lengths.

it only has one adjustable rotational axis which limits its use somewhat, but i think it comes with an extra mounting head. if possible, i'll permanently mount the extra head to a spring clamp and be able to switch back/forth from that to the monopod.

i'll update with good/bad results as the case may be.

Comment

For anyone who wants a sturdy, exceptionally well designed and quality Camera mount- I recommend the YakAttack Panfish- and the Mighty Mount quick disconnect mounting system to mount it to the base on the kayak is exceptionally sturdy and easy to use- I love mine- it is made of carbon fiber, super light weight and strong- has foam rubber at the pivot point where you can pan the camera with some friction that lets the camera stay where you turn it without moving the mount itself- you can change the camera's point of view by twisting the mount with the foam rubber handle and pan it 360 degrees if you want to- the mount stays put but the camera rotates on the mount-

Comment

Working...
                X