new rig for trolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rig for trolling

found this rig at PSG fishing flea market last weekend. looks like it will have less drag while trolling than coventional unbrella rigs. can't wait to try it.
    Attached Files

that does look sweet. how are the rubbers attached? do you see any way that it could all twist up?

i do wonder how well umbrella type rigs do over simple tandems statistically. during spring, i feel like all the matters is the something, anything, swims in front of a rockfish, and it will eat it. thus why troling ingeneral is so productive since you cover so much more water comepared to dunking bait or casting lures.
    sigpic

Comment

the rubbers are hooked on to snaps for quick change. modified if a little, he used snaploc swivel on the bottom and the bucktail wouldn't fit so i cut it off and used a split ring and different snap swivel to attach the bucktail if it catches fish and i order some more i will tell him just to use a sampro swivel and i will put my own swivel on .
      i can't see how it would twist up, everything is spaced well and each arm is independent

Comment

let us know how it works out. i may try and make something similar, but we'll see if i can stray away from tandems or single lures.
        sigpic

Comment

nice looking rig...i need to go out and get some more shads and rigs before the season starts.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
          X