Outriggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outriggers

So I decided i want to stand on the Revo a bit so i began searching the internet for outrigger kits. After looking at prices from $110-$400 I decided to build my own. Parts List:
    1. 1-1/2 PVC Pipe $12 (had around the house)
    2. 2 1 1/2'' PVC T sections $4
    3. 4 ss Hose Clamps $8
    4. 2 Boat Bumpers from BPS $36
    5. 1 can Satin black spray paint $5 (had around the house)
    6. 2 Scotty Flush Mounts (had around the house) unk. price
    7. 2 scotty rod cradles (had at the house) Unk Price

I covered my center hatch in grip tape then cut around it with an exactoknife so that i can still use the hatch. I designed it so that the floats can come off via cotterpin or bolt. With this design i can stow the outriggers inside the kayak until needed.

Testing at G-dock Tonight.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Nice work. Standing in the Revo would be good when snakehead fishing. Where did you mount the Scotty mounts?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Looks good. Creative. I like that: look at a bunch on line, then decide to custom build one yourself.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Id like to see some pics of it installed. I was telling keith I would like to come up with some type of outrigger on one side similar to a pontune with netting for crab pots and stability.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Was able to stand on one foot on the yak at g dock. I did lose some movement on the mirage drive so im moving them around
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Pinch ......... looks great as usual guy ......... just be careful of the weight ........ the single arm outriggers put stress on the Scotty Bases you use. It acts like a lever with both an up and down action ........ I couldn't figure why they were so expensive until I got 1. They are made super lightweight.

Even with that....... I'm looking for a back plate before I install mine .......

Comment

Great job. Looking forward to a video of standup sight casting off of the revo!

Comment

How is this working? Any new insite or mods?

Comment

Working...
                X