Lynnhaven Inlet 08/13/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynnhaven Inlet 08/13/2011

Got there around 6:30 am and was on the water by 7 which was at the max flood. Current wasn't very strong but I started my Lynnhaven loop. I saw some brown tail fins stirring the waters by the grass but they didn't bite on anything I threw at it.

Around 11 am the current switched and I finished my loop with nothing to show for but stinking crabs. I decided to hit the beginning again where I know flounders hang and caught this guy.

Caught another dinker flounder and croaker and called it a day. Unfortunately, I didn't bring him home because I lost him when he swam under the mirage drive and got tangled. Being the weak lip they are, i pulled the stringer out of him. It's that or I get carried out to the ocean by the strong out going current by the inlet.

Is this the launch site and area you plan to use for the TKAA tournament. I'm fishing there the tourney for the 1st time and I'm trying to decide where to launch from.

Comment

Most likely. I've only fished there and HRBT but I like Lynnhaven better because it can catch all 3 species for the slam. I think I'll hit it one more time before the tourny to explore the bridge and the other part of the inlet marsh I haven't really tried yet.

Comment

Nice work on the spec, Dave. I'm sorry it got away. They're really delicious. I'd love to get in on some of that redfish action, too.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Great job and thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice spec ....... good job

Comment

nice job, used to fish from the beach there by the bridge with some locals. one time a buddy came and took the guy i was fishing next to out in his little alum. v hull he came back a few hours later with a huge red caught up in the skinny water almost as big as his trucks tailgate dont overlook the backwaters at lynn. during the tourney

Comment

Nice fish! Great job. Sure wish we had a more northern population of those guys! I'm going to the TKAA tourney as well and haven't yet developed a plan. Sounds like that inlet may become a target. Weather permitting...

Comment

Working...
                X