New Guy - Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy - Introduction

Hey guys, My name is Mark and I just bought my first Yak, a Hobie Adventure, and am looking forward to some serious kayak fishing. I used to fish the kelp beds in San Diego from a yak, but this will be my first time in MD, first time on a pedal driven yak, and hopefully will spend a lot of time on the water. If anyone ever wants a buddy boat hit me up and I'd love to go. I'm gonna fish the same areas as I do on my big boat and hopefully a lot more that I never have. I'm primarily a light tackle guy from the big boat, spend most of my hear jigging other than a few trolling trips, so I'm looking forward to this! Hope to see you all on the water!
    Mark

hey hey! once it warms up a bit i'll be ready to roll.

Comment

Welcome to the site! it's pretty dead here, but i hope int he next month it will quickly pick up as the cows begin their journey into the bay. the water and air temp will be cold, so i'm not sure how many of you will go out, but i'm starting to get the dust off my dry suit and gear with hopes of a march splash.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm new too

I saw one the pedal driven kayaks online. They look like the way to go. I wish I had the cash to shell out for one. I'll be on Kent Island this weekend and I'll be in the water for the first time....can't wait....
        O yeah to the poster who said it's dead on this forum....nailed it on the head.

Comment

dont worry, the season is just starting and will pick up soon when we finally start getting int he water! you'll be seeing reports from me soon.

i use a hobie revo, which has pedals. for hands free fishing, you will not find anything better. go to youtube and search chesapeake bay bridge kayak fishing, you'll see a video that i made trolling the baybridge. there is also a couple underwater shots showing the hobie flippers in action
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome and thanks for joining. Im pumped up for this season also. I started out with a paddle yak at first but then saw how easy fishing with a peddle yak was and ended up getting a hobie revo. I've been out in windy conditions with big swells and hit handles great.

anyways, welcome to the site.
            Mike
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

thats how I found this forum

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
              dont worry, the season is just starting and will pick up soon when we finally start getting int he water! you'll be seeing reports from me soon.

i use a hobie revo, which has pedals. for hands free fishing, you will not find anything better. go to youtube and search chesapeake bay bridge kayak fishing, you'll see a video that i made trolling the baybridge. there is also a couple underwater shots showing the hobie flippers in action
              Yeah man thats how I found the site...Awsome kayak..great forum promotion

Comment

hopefully i can get some more footage to make a really cool vid soon
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X