Precisionpak Cratepak ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precisionpak Cratepak ??

Anyone using one ?? for ~35.00 just the velcro lid seems worth it?
    Why aren't more people using em ?
    Just wondering.

Nick
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

i put an igloo cooler in my crate everything else goes in side

Comment

I have one. Worked great. However, I didn't like having a crate. Takes up cooler space. Also don't like reaching behind so replaced it with a rocket launcher rod holder system and keep my tackle below deck under the middle hatch.

Comment

I got one and love it. I modified it a little in that I used longer bolts to secure the rod holders to the crate itself so that the rods are more secure (required drilling into the crate). I also added a little more velcro to the lid to keep it a little more secure as well. The bottom line is that I can carry a lot more stuff than just with the crate. I no longer need to take a tackle box because it is my tackle box.

The other plus is that if I'm not on my kayak, I'll take it with me to a shore or a dock and have portable built in rod holders. I also added a strap to it, attaching to the crate so I can carry it easily.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I'm currently using one and it's pretty nice. Just make sure you have one of those small 12" milk crates to put in it. I had a larger one and had to cut it with my dremel and reglue it back together for it to fit.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I have the crate Pak and I also like it, one of the things that I like is that it is portable and can transfer from kayak to a boat if needed. the pockets on the outside are an added bonus for storage. Like Frett said a standard milk crate 13X13 is to tight of a fit so I shaved it down to fit, I believe the west-marine milk crate fits just fine. All in all I like it.
            Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
            LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Working...
            X