Cool tool for you PVC architects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool tool for you PVC architects

I don't know if you all already know about it, but I found out about the cable saw today, and thought it was kinda cool. I know when I did some work with PVC pipes, I used a hack saw that led to a lot of white dust on the ground. I've heard that this tool almost melts smoothly through PVC, and I bet you can get some nice straight cuts with it too.

Here's a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nosim/kkorg-20

At just 5 bucks, I'd be willing to buy it just to try it out.
    Sun Fishin'

i use them a lot in my trade. good for tight spaces but a lot of work, cuts with friction so u have to pull back and forth pretty good to get it hot enough to cut. sawz all or good hacksaw works better. there is a ratcheting blade tool that works well but its not cheap.

Comment

you can actually cut pvc with any thin nylon string similar to this...

sigpic

Comment

Interesting...works with friction...I might try it out with the nylon string to see if it works.
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

We used one when replacing the sump pump & piping at ,y parents house many years ago. They work great... Melts right thu
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

They sell PVC cutters that look like scissors at Home Depot. They can cut up to 1" I believe. I have them at home.

The best cutter is the table saw but those scissors are handy.

Comment

i like my 12" compound miter saw watch your fingers with that ss wire saw it gets very hot and will burn you!

Comment

Working...
              X