Wanted to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to introduce myself

My name is Joe and I am in Callaway of St. Marys County. I see several others that are very local. I don't have a boat yet but am planning to get one early in '10. I have been fishing for ever though. I would like to link up for some fishing trips locally here. I seem to notice this site is small but is growing, Moderators I would be interested in helping the website grow.

welcome, once you go yak you never go back

Comment

I'm considering a 13' or 15' Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident. They seem to be a good value. Which do you think would serve me best in the bay?

Comment

Welcome aboard. I think both the Trident 13' and 15's are good boats, although nowadays, I tend to lean towards longer boats as they "glide" better through rough open water.

Just be aware...you'll catch the bug, and soon you'll have a garage full of plastic boats

Comment

Well, I will have two right off the bat as my wife wants to get into this too. On one hand it means twice the gear and upfront investment but it also means I always have a fishing partner.

I'm hoping i can keep it to two for a while, although we are also planning to do some mild whitewater in Western Maryland. So, yea you're probably right I will have a truck full of plastic boats riding around.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Thats awesome that your wife wants to get into Kayak fishing. Its addicting. When you get the yaks, post up some pics of your rig.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
              Welcome aboard. Thats awesome that your wife wants to get into Kayak fishing. Its addicting. When you get the yaks, post up some pics of your rig.
              Will do, it probably won't be until Feb-March time frame '10

Comment

Working...
              X