ROD HOLDER / KAYAK CART / FISHIN CRATE also made a LIGHT POLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROD HOLDER / KAYAK CART / FISHIN CRATE also made a LIGHT POLE

So i started to clean out the garage today and guess what i found? .... Some good ol PVC so after a quick trip to Home Depot heres what i came up with.

saw this hook up another fellow fishyakers arsenal so i decided to make DIM.

Heres what i came up with check out the pics.

...I was going to add a spot were i would be able to add removable wheels to it to make it double as a kayak carrier.

Tell me what ya think.
    Attached Files

Looks Good! What did you make the light pole out of? The possibilities for pvc and kayaks are endless.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

very nice!
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

good work. the pvc going through the crate, is it for extra support, or purposly put there to hold the crate or both? yeah, what is that light pole made from?
        sigpic

Comment

that looks sweet! are you going to use your tankwell bungie for added support to the crate/rod holders?
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

The light pole was made out of a tube that i got when i brought my fish poles for pulling cabling i got the light from home depot it has four modes it a regular flashlight its a flashlight and the glow rod just a glow rod and a flashing glow rod sorta like a strobe.

I put the pvc throught the crate for added support and also because i was thinking of adding some removable wheels to it to make a kayak cart (gonna need some more beers to figure that one out) .

I found a canister that is about 4 inches higher then the crate and as wide and it takes up about half of the crate thinking of making it a bait tank the other side will be used to store my plano boxes and or lunch and a few coronas.

Im, also thinking of a way that i would be able to transform into a a configuration that would allow me to be able to install a battery and trolling motor if needed i will update this post with more pics.

Comment

thats a great idea in turning the rocket launchers into a car as well. keep us posted.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                Looks Good! What did you make the light pole out of? The possibilities for pvc and kayaks are endless.
                plus 1
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Very nice dude, are you considering making a few to sell?? I'd be interested in buying one.
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

looks pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                    X