Cameras and mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras and mounting

Im pretty sure there is a thread out there for the stupid question that i am about to ask but here it is agin what are the best cameras for filming? where are the best locations for mounting them and what mount system do you use? I would like to start filming some of my trips.

there are alot of options:
    Oregon scientific
    Go Pro
    Contour
    the one Mike (redfish12) uses

I use the Gopro HD hero mounted on a scotty flush mount with a gear extender.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

i have a go pro mounted on a ram holder. i can post pics of my setup when i get home.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
        Im pretty sure there is a thread out there for the stupid question that i am about to ask but here it is agin what are the best cameras for filming? where are the best locations for mounting them and what mount system do you use? I would like to start filming some of my trips.
        Best Camera is the VIO POV HD but it's expensive ......... comes w/LCD, professional mounts, remote control and adjustable exposure controls and one of the best pictures. Virtually indestructable and water proof and 10 hrs on lithium batteries. Professional use this camera alot. Also allows you to preserve the action that happened up to 3 minutes previous to pushing a button on the remote and keep recording until you push stop so you don't miss any of the action and you can edit and preview your videos while on still on the camera ....... but it's $600.

Next GO PRO ....... simple and great video ...........no controls, no remote, addon LCD, water proof but not indestructable ......... 2.5 hrs on lithium/ 5 hrs w/battery bacpac ....... cost w/Gopro battery bac pac and LCD - $430 - Gopro Only $300 ......... popular

Kodak Playsport - simple, great vids, limited control, addon remote that is useless because it won't turn on the camera when it times out ......... $120
        remote $20 I think
        Last edited by Memory Maker; 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          Kodak Playsport - simple, great vids, limited control, addon remote that is useless because it won't turn on the camera when it times out ......... $120
          remote $20 I think
          I have a playsport. I think it was in the $80s on Amazon. I just hold it and take a video right now but I am planning on making a mount out of PVC soon. The other Mike, mmanolis, made a really nice one that is adjustable. I will be using his guide!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X