Kayak Loader and Sunfish over the shoulder mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Loader and Sunfish over the shoulder mount

Northern Tools finally shipped my order of a 4 suction cup that was back ordered...when it arrives I am going to build the Texas Kayaker loaders with the PVC arms and the tennis balls -got to go to the hardware store and buy the fittings and the 4 end caps

Yakattack is shipping my new Sunfish camera mount for the GoPro Hero- I am getting excited about getting everything all rigged up- it should be the cat's meow! I ordered it with the Mighty Mount base system
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

looking forward to some pix ron. "cats meow" OMG LOL

Comment

I'm waiting to see you battle the monster snakehead on video
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The Sunfish mount should be in in a couple of days- I have the "hero" shot Ram mount so having both the front and over the shoulder mounts should give me no excuses...Northern Tools finally shipped the 4 suction cup tool, so that will be in soon, too- I have to fly out to Vegas Sunday for four days of work so I took off today and tomorrow- two hottest days of the year so far-

Bill and I fished the Harry Nice bridge tonight- he caught a catfish and I got skunked- hot as hades, too boot- I had a theory that we could catch stripers at the pilings on the 301 bridge like they were doing at the Rt 50 Bay bridge- wrong! I lost one bait that was biten in two behind the head- bluefish-

At least we tried something different-

Comment

I look forward to your review of the new Yak Attack camera mount. That setup looks killer.

And

All the videos of giant fish that will come with it.

Comment

I put the two kayak loaders together today- used four tennis balls for rollers just like the Texas Kayak Association DIY You Tube video- made it exactly like the Texans did- I am going to use them Sunday at Mattawoman Creek-

Luther at YakAttack is having one component manufacture issue and that has delayed the shipping my Sunfish Mount so I'll not have my over the shoulder fishing video this weekend- darn it! I am going ahead and use the Ram camera mount up front so it isn't perfect but it will give me the hero shots-

Comment

Well one out of two is not bad
              '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
              '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
              Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

I am not complaining- I have been waiting this long for the Sunfish mount and a few more days is OK with me- It has some really super features that I think I am going to enjoy-

Comment

Don't you mean the panfish mount? I was just looking at it and 65 is reasonable

Comment

Nope- it is called the Sunfish now- it was going to be called the panfish, but they decided to go with the name Sunfish instead...don't know why- probable panfish and panning the camera is one of its features might have been confusing-

I finished installing the Ram camera mount up front on my OK Prowler today so the GoPro hero has a home for now that isn't attached to me- should be able to get some decent hero shots but nothing over the shoulder until I get the YakAttack mount- Luther will let me know when he ships-
                    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-30-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

HokieDJ was right- It is called the Panfish- I got the "Panfish" mount delivered today at 250 PM by the postman! Wow!!! it is nice- carbon construction makes it super strong and super light- love the friction panning ability of this mount! Luther makes a really nice, first-class product- It is precision made, the fit and finish is beautiful. I can't wait to try it out.
                      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

The hero camera mount

Mighty Mount system on the Panfish camera mount-

Northern Tools 4 cup suction cup made into two kayak loaders
                        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-06-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Your loader and cam mount look awesome, Ron. Now go get some snakehead vids
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks, Tuf- I followed the Texas Kayak boys video to the tee- even used Wilson tennis balls-

Comment

Looking good ronaultmtd, hell of a job looks just like the texas boys one
                              '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                              '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                              Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Working...
                              X