OC Inlet 7-19-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Inlet 7-19-2011

Drove down to OC with my buddy MJ, met up with matt at the commercial boat dock where we have launched our yaks Before. This trip we were using Matt's beautiful 18' CC. After getting the boat in the water we headed over to the east channel and almost immediatly started getting hits. It took awhile to get the hang of it but we were on fish. We boated 15+ SHORT FLOUNDER upto 16.5'' in addition we caught 2 sea robins, 4-6 Stripper upto 17'' 2 blues caught by Matt 2 dungenous crabs and a blue crab. Stand out stories of the day were making $20 off the guys fishing the OC pier by trying to catch a fish that was spooling them (we estimated it to be a shark of some kind) the 12lb test mono broke off.. then hurricane andrew's twin blew in from delaware and chased us off the water, we took shelter in the bathroom at the launch. All in All a good day and it was fun using jig heads i made to catch fish.

We also met a guy named Craig from NJ and his dog hunter while waiting out the storm. He had a 18' CC he bought in Florida named "fish me BeBe" on his title is says "a gift from Raoul" this guy was funny.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

sweet....nice report. sounds like an awesome time!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Very nice. What were you catching the flounder on?

Comment

Jigging 4 inch gulp
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Awesome day on the water. Next week it's calling us again. Pinch throw up that pic of MJ with his huge flounder and the sea robin haha

Comment

lol ok, let me find the camera lol.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
            X