MD Kayak Fishing Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD Kayak Fishing Flags

I was reading a May 2010 post about making MD Kayak Fishing Flags. This sounds like a great idea for safety, identification and wind detection. Has this idea been carried out ?

If the Flag Idea is still on hold and the MD Kayak Fishing Administrators and Members decide they want them, I would volunteer to research the possibility of commercially producing MD Kayak Fishing Flags.

I would need to know the particulars of the Flag such as size, material, design, color(S), grommets, and how and where they are going to be mounted and displayed on a kayak or canoe.

I would also need to know from the MD Kayak Fishing Administrators & Members how many flags would be ordered and what would be the bottom line price for commercially making these flags would be ? Also it would probably be in the best interest of MKF and cheaper in the long run, if the flags were ordered in mass by MKF and sold through the forum individually to members.

If we go ahead with this project, we will needed to know the minimum number of flags that we would be willing to order, be ready to put up start-up or pay-in-full money before any commercial enterprise would take on this job.

Any and all suggestions pro or con, please let me know if MKF wants to do this.

Joe P

I would love one that would fit on my visipole. I think someone contacted yakattack about selling the flags with out a logo on them and then we could get them printed from a local shop...
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

if you guys find someone that can make them then we can create a sticky and start taking orders for whoever wants them.

contacting yak attack would be a good start. anyone have any connections with them?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Maybe if we get enough interest they can run a batch with our logo on the flag as part of a Group Buy... just a thought.

MYT

Comment

I dont have a contact at visipole. I do however through the fire department who can do a screen print or embroider. Let me know if I can help. I am interested in buying a flag if we get any as well.

would be great if you could get pricing.
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Whoever does it ........ I'm in for 1 ..........

Comment

I think soemone, in one of the other threads, found a company online. I'm in for two (2). The size for the visapole is 12"x18."

Comment

I've got yakattack's e-mail. I will shoot him one and reference this post... I'll keep you guys updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                  contacting yak attack would be a good start. anyone have any connections with them?
                  I met the owner last year and have been in contact for the CBKA tournament. I'll see if he's got any...

Comment

Ok I emailed them and this is what I got:

Hi James,

Thanks for the interest.

There are a couple of options. How necessary is it that it's a 12X18 flag? If we went with our VISICarbon Pro flag the guys would have the choice of the VISIPole II or teh VISICarbon Pro, and for one time charge of $50 we could get a stamp made and stamp them just like we stamp our own.

Otherwise we could send plain 12X18 orange flags and you could have them done locally.

Luther Cifers
                    I really like the idea of having a stamp made so new members can get the same one made up without the need of getting it customized, they can just buy it straight from them and if we get like 10 made its only $5 extra. I also threw around the idea of getting a discount on new visi poles, but it will depend on the interest.

MYT

Comment

Just got some more details... if we do a group buy of visi poles it would be WORTH OUR WHILE!!! I might do another thread if there looks like enough interest....

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post

I really like the idea of having a stamp made so new members can get the same one made up without the need of getting it customized, they can just buy it straight from them and if we get like 10 made its only $5 extra. I also threw around the idea of getting a discount on new visi poles, but it will depend on the interest.

MYT
                        Order it from them ........ it's much easier ........... find out if we guarantee a certain number of flags will they absorb the cost of the stamp. We can then get an order together for that number and send it. THey would also have the stamp onhand when other orders come in.

What is the cost of a flag shipped to an individual assuming we meet the minimum .........

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post

MYT
                          Bowing out to let James run with the ball since he's got a conversation going with them...

Comment

ive been trying to make up a new logo but it's taking forever. would you want it with current or maybe the new one? or depend on which one is better..lol
                            sigpic

Comment

so how much would it be for each flag/pole if we ordered from yakattack?
                              Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X