100 Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Bass

I typically make a few trips to the Adirondacks each summer. This week, a couple buddies and I paddled about 10 or 11 miles into wilderness and pitched our tents for seven days in paradise. I've had days when I've caught lots of little Smallies on the river and even 50 or so, but Largemouth fishing is typically more about size for me than numbers. After the first day my hands were beginning to show wear from all of the paddling and fish releases. I thought to myself, "I'll bet I caught 100 bass today." So on day two I decided to count. I struggled much more, location is everything and there are many miles, structure, weed beds, and bogs from which to choose. Still, at about 9:30 p.m., bass number 100 of 103 for the day was landed, a fiesty roughly 17 or 18 inch beauty. I couldn't stop at 100 because the top water bite was more fun than I might have ever had fishing. This is the place you go to use all those baits that you wonder why you ever bought because these fish will take anything.

Now I know that the Adirondacks are not near you, I just thought that as the July and August heat start to get to you, a trip to the coolness of the Adirondack woods might have some appeal and that this little report might provide some excitement for your adventure.

Now for this week's adventure, I'm thinking of making the trip to Kiptopeake, First Landing, or maybe just Cape Henlopen if anyone has a good suggestion or is interested in helping a reasonably novice saltwater guy.
    IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1340.jpg
    Last edited by LivinTheDream; 06-25-2016, 09:05 PM.
    Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
    2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

The Adirondacks are a special place with or without the fish. Catches like you describe make it magical. Nice report!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Stunning.

I fished there once many years ago.

I'd like to return.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro