OC the quest for Tuna....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC the quest for Tuna....

I went on a friends boat out of Ocean City on a quest for Tuna. Got there around 4 and was out on the water at 5am. Went 40 miles in, and trolled around all morning. It was the last day for the OC Tuna tournament so there were quite a few boats out. Well, the morning was a bust, trolled around with no hits. A little bit after 12, one rod goes down, another rod goes down and a third rod goes down, holly crap, talk about a rush. Although they were not Tuna, we ended up with 3 nice maui maui, one being over 40inches and the reset 30+.

here is the one i caught...
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

we also took some cool videos which i will be posting once i get them.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

nice job. what were you trolling? when i went out years ago with a bud to the washington canyons, we trolled rigged ballyhoo, with a crap load of teasers hanging off the stern. only got one mahi-mahi, but it was both of our first times out.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice fish! That's a real nice sized mahi mahi. Good grillin'!

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
          nice job. what were you trolling? when i went out years ago with a bud to the washington canyons, we trolled rigged ballyhoo, with a crap load of teasers hanging off the stern. only got one mahi-mahi, but it was both of our first times out.
          we trolled rigged ballyhoo, birdies, and tuna lures with rack load of teasers.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

What boat did you fish on?

Comment

it was on a 25ft maycraft, private boat
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice job. Those are some pretty fish and tasty too.

Comment

nice, too bad no tuna. havent been tuna fishing in about 5 years used to go with a buddy from work in his 28' sea swirl, gotta pick your days on a small boat in the big blue! mainly went out of chincoteague and went to the canyons 90 miles out, we also took charters out of lewes del. on the ceament with capt warren great charters. the best time was limiting out on yellow fin 15 60-90lbs fish by 10:00am plus 7 dorado and a huge thrasher CPR in the water we were worn out with every flag capt warren had flying. went on an overnight trip once a lot of fun but the bite wasnt happening, alot of fun catching anchovies and using them to catch big squid for bait those things are vicious.

Comment

videos?
                    sigpic

Comment

old school sony cam corder on tape need to put them on a disk. got my buddy wil crying like a girl on his last fish and he is a big guy x cop! and the thresher is awsome

Comment

Nice job. Those fish came along way north to be caught. They are really fun on spinning tackle with bucktails or live bait. Good you had fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X