propo type crab/ spot live well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propo type crab/ spot live well

trucks too small for a bushel basket so i fitted up a 5 gal. bucket to pull behind me as i crab. put it together this afternoon and will try it in the morning
    Attached Files

Good idea, thought about pulling a dingy or something with a cooler in it but thats much better.. Hopin to go crabbing on sunday, either out of Romancoke or Matapeake. Good luck !

Comment

That is cool. Let me know if it works effeciently. I am curious if you will have alot of drag when pulling the bucket.

Comment

going to put it in the tank well going to and from crabbing area then just tow behind as i pulll traps. i might anchor it off and shoot some piers for perch then come back to it. tested tipability in the pool, pretty stable with the noodle up on the bucket. dont have to go more than 50yds to set traps if i want to stay close

Comment

damn Surf, your pink toenails must make that Hobie go faster. Looks like a new adventure for kayaking.
          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

The problem is with too many crabs in a bucket like that the crabs will start fighting a killing one another. You may lose of few but may work in the long run. Won't a cooler fit in the back of the kayak? I use a cooler in the back of the Big Game. I put some dry deck sections over the ice to keep the crabs off the ice. If the sit directly on the ice they will die. The cooler will keep from having to pull in the bucket everytime you catch a crab. If the bucket does not work out, give that a try. Although the bucket would work nice for chumming.

By the way surf, those pink toe nails are quite stylish.

Comment

thats my maid Inga's toes she was holding an umbrella over me to keep me from getting sun burnt. she has a funny eye too

bucket worked pretty well too bad the crabs werent cooperating. 5 other crews were operating trot lines and they were slow too. i only used 4 ring traps. anchored the bucket to a trap and went after perch with a spinner that tom gave me and tore up some wp. only a couple good ones the rest small. got medicyaker out on the water for a while, he needed to get on the water, grady black came down but had a stomach problem and headed home.

crate and beverage cooler in tankwell some room behind seat for bucket,cold beverage takes precedence
              Attached Files
              Last edited by surfdog; 07-16-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Nice. Show us pics with it full of crabs.

Comment

Working...
                X