Millsboro Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millsboro Pond

I'm heading over to Delaware for a few days and bringing my yak with me. My friend recommended Millsboro pond as a place to try. Anyone fished it this year and is there a better end to try? I'm going to maybe try the Roosevelt inlet/canal, but given the M&G success I'm leaning towards the freshwater. Any other places in the Bethany Beach area to try?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

If you like flounder you can fish either the Indian River Inlet depending on strength of tide or go back into the Rehobeth Bay. There's a kayak launch area off of Rt. 1 north of the inlet. Drift the channels with either live minnows or Gulp Alive.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogge View Post
      If you like flounder you can fish either the Indian River Inlet depending on strength of tide or go back into the Rehobeth Bay. There's a kayak launch area off of Rt. 1 north of the inlet. Drift the channels with either live minnows or Gulp Alive.
      FYI That ramp (Savage Ditch Rd.) has a $10 fee for out of State residents, but more important it is not functional at low tide. You will have a 200+ yard slough through 6-12" of water covering several inches of deep stinky mud. I did it once last fall and swore never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        I'm heading over to Delaware for a few days and bringing my yak with me. My friend recommended Millsboro pond as a place to try. Anyone fished it this year and is there a better end to try? I'm going to maybe try the Roosevelt inlet/canal, but given the M&G success I'm leaning towards the freshwater. Any other places in the Bethany Beach area to try?
        There are lot lots stumps just under the water in Millsboro pond, be careful with your drive.
        Lewes would have been better with an incoming tide, fishing is by far better at Roosevelt inlet and canal on an incoming tide in the morning. High tide around 10 - 11 am is the best. at the M & G the tide was out going and the water was very dirty. Low tide was just after 10 am. that the opposite of what you need
        I would stay out of Indian River inlet. when the current gets ripping you can't pedal fast enough to hold your position. The back bays would be fine and the ditch by the south shore marina would be a good place to try. the ditch runs from the back of the inlets south jetty south towards the VFW

Comment

Thanks for all the info and warning on stumps in Millsboro. We'll see how it goes.
          Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info on the stumps. I worked around them and got this nice 19" bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X