CHSP - Saturday May 7th (PM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP - Saturday May 7th (PM)

I took my son with me to Delaware this weekend to both fish for bluefish at CHSP and visit my parents for Mother’s Day. I could not make the ebb tide in the morning so my father, son, and I hit the incoming tide in the afternoon which worked out well weather wise. We were on the water at 2:30 pm and fished for 3 hours. The tide was still ebbing when we launched and there was little activity with regards to bluefish. There were a number of boats anchored along the beach fishing in very shallow water. It appeared that most were fishing with cut bait. We were prepared with cut bait but started out trolling. I let my son use the Hobie Outback which has the fish finder. I suggested to him to work the coast line along 8 – 10 feet of water. I paddled out blindly toward the boats at the point hoping the bluefish would show up there first as the tide changed.
    CHSP Bluefish.jpg
    My son found the fish, landing the first bluefish at 26 inches. Over the next 90 minutes we landed four bluefish in total all around 24 – 26 inches and lost 3 others trolling the same small area. As reported on other sites the fish were in shallower water. My dad tried cut bait with no success. All fish were caught on either a Z-Man Sexy Mullet or a Bubble Gum Lunker City Fins-S lure. Ran into ComeOnFish as he was fishing for flounder on our way in and enjoyed learning about his Tog setup. Thanks for the information Joe. Good luck to everyone next week at the meet and greet.

Jack
    Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
    2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

Thanks for the report! I am hoping to head out there on Wednesday to search for Blues. Were any of the boats throwing topwater? Where did you launch from?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
      Thanks for the report! I am hoping to head out there on Wednesday to search for Blues. Were any of the boats throwing topwater? Where did you launch from?
      Not the boats that I passed by but they were not fishing where we were catching fish. As shallow as the water was I think top water would be worth a try. We launched from the beach at the pier.

Jack

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
      2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

Comment

Jack,
        It was very nice to meet you.
        I saw you guys landing bluefish few times. I wish I knew you guys were Snagged Liners. Then green crab could be used during the low tide. I can't fish this week at all. This means tog season will be over for me. The Tog season resumes in DE on July 17. We will fish for tog and trigger fish that time if you can make it.
        It will be easier to start togging with an experienced kayaker at the Wall. Togging is all about finding possible holes.
        We will talk in July.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X