CHSP 23 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP 23 April

I was able to get on the water for a bit over the weekend at CHSP. There were about 6 other folks fishing from their kayaks that I ran into and I hope they had better luck. The water was like glass when we were launching. I went trolling around the area and did a lap around the inner wall. I was hoping to see if blues were in the bay but mainly wanted to take my outback out to get used to the new boat. I spent some time over the shallow area east of the pier but got skunked overall. The only thing I managed to hook was the prop on the work boat as it left the inner wall.

A little after noon, the wind started kicking up and nasty weather looked to be coming. I headed back in and beaching at the pier felt more like doing so in the ocean and not in the bay. The storm seemed to pass pretty quickly but I was already heading home for the day.

Did anyone have some luck out there?
    IMG_0685.jpg
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

CHSP 23 April

I was out there for about 2hrs the 22nd and basically made a lap out around the point and back. I had one hit but it was gone before I got my rod out of the holder. The wind wasn't worth it for me for the fishing so I left. I also didn't see any schools of blues or bait on the fish finder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

1 14.5" tog and 0 blues... Weather really got nasty there and we bailed.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Was out sunday, was pretty windy, white caps, and decided to stick to the canal. Skunked, but was good to get out for the first time this year.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X