Nanticoke river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanticoke river

Anyone here paddled or fished the Nanticoke River in Seaford? Thinking of placing it on the to paddle list this year! From what i hear its a nice river to paddle!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rroop32; 04-12-2016, 02:53 AM.

Originally posted by Rroop32 View Post
    Anyone here paddled or fished the Nanticoke River in Seaford? Thinking of placing it on the to paddle list this year! From what i hear its a nice river to paddle!

I did stop by, not at Seaford but at Vienna a couple summers ago. It's right off Rt 50 heading into Salisbury. I didn't launch, but I did manage to chat up a couple of locals who said the striper fishing is good around the Rt 50 bridge pilings. The current looks wicked there, in league with Kent Narrows. Timing the tides would be critical to launching there, especially in a paddle kayak.

I doubt if you have much to worry about tide wise up near Seaford.

Comment

Make sure you check the regs before you try fishing it. The Nanticoke is closed to striper fishing for a portion of the year.

Viking Profish Reload
      Hobie Outback
      Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

I would be up in the seaford de area.

Comment

I would be up in the seaford de area.

I guess I should have read your first post more closely.

Viking Profish Reload
          Hobie Outback
          Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

If been kayak fishing the nanticoke river for the past 4 years and by motor boat even longer in seaford u can respect good cat fishing along with large mouth and white perch or bow fishing for gar and carp. As stated above stripers fishing is good around Ry 50 bridge in Vienna but season is closed during spring mating season and current rips through there. Pick ur days carefully with little to no wind and watch tide charts. Also between seaford and Vienna u have Philips landing marshy hope and sharp town all good fishing locations depending on time of year and what ur after hope this helps if u would like get up with me and we can hit the river together

Comment

We would launch out of Sharptown and fish it for bass. When the tide was up fish docks with Senkos or Baby Brush Hogs more towards the shore. As the tide receded the fish would move out to the end of the piers. Always worked for me.

Comment

Mostly large mouth, i will be in a kayak so long trips to the rt50 bridge would be a no go, as to get in as much fishing as possible.

Comment

Grew up two miles from the Nanticoke near Seaford. It offers some of the best Wild River scenery on the Eastern Shore. The view for miles is very much the same as John Smith saw when he first explored the river in the 1600's. Fishing wise,as has been mentioned, big cats, bass, perch, pickerel, and stripers depending on the time of year. The Broad Creek from Laurel, De to Phillips Landing were Broad Ck. joins the Nanticoke offers a great fishery that is more protected from wind than the Nanticoke. There is a kayak launch between Portsville and Bethel on Broad Cr. as well as in Laurel and at Phillips Landing. The Nanticoke does have some commercial barge traffic, and a fair amount of go fast boat traffic in the summer.

Comment

In Seaford we lost a good launch site due to the new condo development going up...hopefully it will be reinstated.

Comment

Working...
                    X