Great Day Kayak Catfishin' WV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Day Kayak Catfishin' WV

Headed out after droppin the boy of at school this morning. Hit the Monongahela River in Marion county WV. Caught 10 cats total all on cut shad. Missed 1 hit on worm, 2 on raw shrimp then decided to load all rods with shad. All the cats besides the 14" were caught between 20-25' of water and the temperature reading was 43. Caught my PB channel 26.5" today and also one of my goals for citation fish this year, so looks like I started that off right.catfishbridge.jpgcatfishdam1.jpgcatfishdouble.jpgcatfish262.jpgcatfish25.jpgcatfish24.jpgcatfish225.jpgcatfish2211.jpgcatfish221.jpgcatfish19.jpg
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

catfish261.jpgcatfishbelly.jpgcatfishdouble.jpg
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Congrats on the PB / citation!!! Check that off the bucket list.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thank ya, I decided last year that I would attempt to get one for each species allowed in WV. Last year I got Yellow Perch (13") and Freshwater Drum (27 3/4").. I failed to submit 19" Sauger and 21" Rainbow trout in time so ill have to catch them again.. Ill gladly continue to catch bigger however I have no intention of replacing any certificates of already caught citations.. just something to challenge myself with on the water.
        Originally posted by EMSer View Post
        Congrats on the PB / citation!!! Check that off the bucket list.
        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Sweet.
          That calm water looks awfully inviting. [emoji106]

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
          X