long beach island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long beach island

Going up to LBI saturday morning. Anyone interested? I will be fishing the Barnegat Bay near the lighthouse. A few keeper flounder being caught and a lot of blues and tog being reported. If you want to go shoot me a PM. It is my home waters that I grew up on so I know a few places to go that we will be somewhat safe and catch a ton of fish.

Great timing! I'm actually going up this weekend for my dad's 60th, heading up Friday night. I grew up going down to LBI @ my grandparents' beach house when I was younger. I've never fished there with the kayak, used to go out in little egg harbor bay with the boat. I'll fish Barnaget inlet with you as long as it's not too rough. Are there any bayside beach launches up there or is it a ocean surf launch only?
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

sweet! check you pm's and I'll call you tomorrow. There is a launch at the north end of the island. between 9th and 10th street. I'll be there with a few other buddies. My old man and the rest of my family will be on the surf casting for flatties. I'll pm you my phone number. looking forward to it. I'm taking a bunch of spro bucktails, gulp alive minnows and going to get a pint of minnows from the bait shop there and some fiddler crabs for the tog that will be in season on saturday.

Comment

sorry for my ignorance, but this is in NJ, right? any general info about the area?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
          sorry for my ignorance, but this is in NJ, right? any general info about the area?
          Yeah, NJ. If you look up Long Beach Island NJ on googlemaps, there's a public boat ramp between 9th and 10th street on the bay side (North part of the island). This launches into Barnaget Bay, just south of Barnaget Inlet. I actually haven't fished that area, I used to be much further south coming out of Beach Haven. The bay should be decent this time of year for flounder, maybe weakfish (though those might come later in August). The inlet itself probably has some blues and migrating stripers, but since it merges with the ocean the waters are usually rougher.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
          X