Beautiful day out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful day out

Took the Hobie out today to try and figure out my new Lowrance unit and to condition my legs. It was upper 40s and 50s when I was leaving. Water temp bounced 37-38. Saw plenty of sign on the FF but I wasn't really out to fish today even though I trolled a bait the whole time(way too fast). So here are some pictures from my day out. Monongahela River from Palantine Park to the converge of Tygart Valley and West Fork Rivers. 3rd st.jpg3rd str.jpg3rd stre.jpg3rive.jpg3river.jpg3rivers.jpgtru.jpgtrus.jpgtruss.jpg
    Attached Files
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

The addiction begins!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

suicyderider,

I have never been to the Monongahela.

From the photos, and knowing generally where it is, it looks like smallmouth territory. Is that correct?

You have a nice place to fish and the FF will help you find the most promising areas.

Interesting bridges, especially the one with the arches. The reflection photo of it is very nice.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm taking the family to the "Adventures on the Gorge" vacation this summer. I just booked a guided 8hr trip on the New River in West Virginia while the kids go caving. Sounds like a great smallmouth fishery!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          suicyderider,

I have never been to the Monongahela.

From the photos, and knowing generally where it is, it looks like smallmouth territory. Is that correct?

You have a nice place to fish and the FF will help you find the most promising areas.

Interesting bridges, especially the one with the arches. The reflection photo of it is very nice.
          Yes smallies are plentiful when you find them not enough structure in the section i was in but there are some areas upstream with much much better fishing. Thanks.
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
            The addiction begins!
            Began 2 years ago in a sun dolphin on a pond
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
              Began 2 years ago in a sun dolphin on a pond
              Nice! It'll double with a Hobie! Hehe
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
              X