New to fishin and kayakin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to fishin and kayakin

Back in January, I ripped my ACL in half. After surgery I had several months of physical therapy. That got boring after awhile, so I went looking for an activity to strengthen my wounded knee.

I only run when something is chasing me and I only swim when the boat sinks from under me. So I decided to get a Hobie and pedal/paddle around the St. Mary's River a bit. Never been on a kayak before.

First time out ('bout a month ago) I looked down and thought, "Damn, there are free fish down there." So I went out and got me some cheap rods and basic fishing tackle and a whole mess of stuff I probably don't need to catch fish. Never fished before. Was wrong about those fish being "free".

Mostly bottom fishing near the mouth of the Carthegena Creek, but I keep pushing my boundaries. Probably continue to push out as the weather cools off.

Glad I found a local forum.

Matt
    Matt

Welcome and thanks for joining! Which hobie did you get?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Outfitter.

Got a tandem so my GF and I could go out on the water together, but that hasn't happened yet.

Tandem provides a good bit of storage when fishing solo, but is probably a bit of a barge. S'ok though...I have some weight to lose.
      Matt

Comment

hey! did that, bought a tandem for my wife and myself that lasted 2 times. sold it after 1 season. 85# and 16' long what a barge, at least it had a rudder

Comment

Working...
        X