Roadtrip for an Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadtrip for an Outback

So I made a journey this weekend after a short craigslist search that revealed a gently used 2014 Hobie outback for $1450. So I sent a text message and found it was still up for grabs. Not only was it the Outback but it came with turbo fins, forward bin insert, and a round hatch insert I could not believe my ears. A short exchange later I made plans to meet up at 545am 4 hours and 22 mins away from my house. After arriving I gave her a good look over handed off the cash ever so slowly and we loaded her up. tied her down on top of my buddies PA14 and headed back, not home passed that an extra 2 hours to a warm water lake. I managed one bluegill, SLIMED my bow and after a little while we departed. Even though I only caught one fish I was able to pedal this boat around effortlessly in high winds situation, mild chop, and directly into the wind or any direction I wanted to for that matter. I am absolutely amazed at how great this boat is I never in a million years thought I would have a yak this nice and now I do. just wanted to share thanks for reading and tight lines. Oh yeah I started on a borrowed 10 foot sit in, then got a 12foot Field and Stream Eagle Talon. Finally now I am in a Hobie!
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Congrats on the new ride and getting the skunk off early!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thanks! Lookin forward to some roadtrips out your way this year hopefully around kent island... could you give me a break down on locations commonly referred to by initials here.
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

BTW I wear my PFD at all times its only unlatched so I could get to my camera as the boat had not been outfitted with my gopro style camera/mounts yet. The silhouette photo is my buddy on his PA14

storm.jpg stormy.jpg
        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Congrats!! You scored a great deal. Welcome to the "Hobie Nation". A group of loyal followers

You got the Skunk off the Yak in hours, way to go!!!

Yak67
          2015 Hobie PA-14
          2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

thank you looking forward to fishing some salt with you guys God willing
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
              Thanks! Lookin forward to some roadtrips out your way this year hopefully around kent island... could you give me a break down on locations commonly referred to by initials here.
              CBB - Chesapeake Bay Bridge
              CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
              SPP - Sandy Point Park
              CH - Cape Henlopen
              JG - Jonas Greene
              GH - Goodhands

That's all I can think of at the moment
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14
              Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Congrats on the Hobie!

SPSP - Sandy Point State Park, is another set of initials that is commonly used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Congrats on your new boat that's a nice price
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

PLO- Point Lookout State Park is another great location, and I camp out their with another Yakker(John) on a regular basis. This is my Go-To bottom fishing location. Although fishinggod has another great location I may migrate to this year
                    Yak67
                    2015 Hobie PA-14
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

AWESOME thank you all for the feedback. I know shes still plane jane but here are a few pics of the new hobie mtstorm2.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                      X