No announcement yet.

Tournament Series in the near future??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Series in the near future??

What do you guys think of turning the Meet n Greets into a full tournament circuit for next year?

8 events from March to October with a Point system for top 10 finishes. (10 points first and 1 point 10th), Then total points at the end wins it.

I would be up for helping organize any way that I could. I just think it would be cool cause there is no such thing in our northeastern area, yet they have circuits all over the south, canada, and cali.

Sound OFF with input.

Interesting. Concept
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      Interesting. Concept
      I figure to start something new you gotta keep it pretty simple. I mean it could even be more basic only top 5 score points and we only do 4 events.

Not sure what kind of Circuit fee would be involved for all events and then also offer single event registration.

Comment

problem may be if someone cant attend one or more of the meets
        sigpic

Comment

total length point system? longest fish of each species of the day and just add them up? photo release or not lol
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I've been thinking about something like this since the bragging rights thread started. Kayak wars is too much effort to keep track of, I have already forgotten to photo most of my fish so that's not really working for me.

I'm thinking Angler of the Year type of thing too. Like most improved or contribution to the group or something? Or totals from M&G's, but they are hard to make all the time due to other engagements. Food for thought though.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
              problem may be if someone cant attend one or more of the meets

Obviously some people won't be able to make every event, but that rewards those that are able to make it. Also if you attend 2 and get 1st at both then you could still have a chance to win it all.

Comment

Angler of the Year

I am with Redfish 12, Angler of the Year, one time fee to sign up, raise money for charity. Everyday is like a tournament. Point system for species and size of fish. Prizes based on sponsors and number of participants. There are a few clubs doing this, been looking at some rules. Might post some samples rules soon and we can discuss/debate.

Comment

Originally posted by eastonkayaker View Post
                  I am with Redfish 12, Angler of the Year, one time fee to sign up, raise money for charity. Everyday is like a tournament. Point system for species and size of fish. Prizes based on sponsors and number of participants. There are a few clubs doing this, been looking at some rules. Might post some samples rules soon and we can discuss/debate.
                  Sounds good to me!! I'm game for whatever, just think it would be awesome to get something "Official" started.

Comment

Delmarva Angler of the Year Tournament 2012

Okay so hear is what I came up with while sitting at my kayak shack waiting for renters on such a beautiful day. Much rather be fishing.

Okay so I tried to appeal to the comments that were made earlier in the post. Let me know what you think.

Delmarva Angler of the Year Tournament

Sponsored by CBKA and …
                    Duration: January 1st 2012 – December 31st 2012
                    Entry Fee: TBD (For a Charity of Choice)

Rules and Regulations:
                    1. 5 points for each species.

• Can only register each species once
                    • Fish must be the legal minimum required to keep
                    • Photo picture for each species entry.
                    • Species include all tidal and non-tidal fish caught in Delmarva waters

2. 10 point bonus each time you place in the top 3 at a kayak fishing tournament.

3. 5 point bonus for the largest fish caught for each species (Length in Inches).

4. 5 point bonus for most species caught

5. 5 point bonus - May offer specific time frames where the largest fish caught of a certain species during that time frame will receive a bonus. Example: 5 point bonus for largest flounder between 6/23-7/1.

Total number of points at the end of the year will be awarded Angler of the Year award, and prizes from sponsors, etc.

Will use MKF forum and CBKA website to post a leader board (updated at the end of each week). Also on CBKA we can have a gallery with all the photo entries.

I would be willing to accept all entries though email and keep the leaderboard updated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Matt,

Here are some rules that NWKA and NKCA use.

One thing again is the motorized kayaks??? Also give different points for different species. That had a thread on this and came to a concensus on how many points for each species.

2011 Angler of the Year Rules
                      1. All fish entered must be caught (i.e. hooked, fought, and landed) from a human power kayak (i.e. no sail or motors), without aid from anyone else and using methods deemed legal by the California Department of Fish and Game. No mothershipping allowed, the kayak must be under human powered control from launch until landing. 2. Photographic evidence of fish size (total length) must be provided. Fish must be measured in a natural position with either the mouth shut or slightly ajar. No need to force the mouth shut and please don't force it open wide either. For sturgeon, in the absence of a photo of the fish against a measuring device, a photo of the fish against an object of known size along with measurement that is witnessed and verified by another person in the pool will suffice. 3. Fish caught prior to January 1, 2011 are ineligible. Fish caught prior to payment of entry fees are also ineligible. 4. All fish entered must be caught south of the California/Oregon border and north of the southern borders of the following counties Monterey, Kings, Tulare and Inyo. There are currently no restrictions in the fishing of private waters. 5. The pool covers the following twenty species: Sturgeon, Salmon, Halibut, Rockfish, Cabezon, Lingcod, Striped Bass, Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Trout, Kokanee, Catfish, Panfish, Spotted Bass, Steelhead, White Seabass, Flounder, Greenling, and Surf Perch. 6. No out off season, oversize or undersize (fish larger than the legal limit or smaller then the legal limit per species) may be entered. All local water rules must be followed. In keeping with the CDFG rules, no ESA fish are allowed since handling them in any way to take a measurement is considered "landing" them. 7. The biggest fish from each angler's top ten species will be used towards the anglers total points. 8. Trout are defined as the following common names (brown trout, brook trout, cutthroat trout, rainbow trout, golden trout, and dolly varden) 9. Panfish are defined as the following common names (freshwater sunfish, crappie, yellow perch). 10. Entries must be posted within 2 weeks of being caught and photographed. No "hoarding" of entries.
                      Scoring Scale Rockcod = 7 pts/in Cabezon = 7 pts/in Salmon = 5 pts/in Halibut = 5 pts/in Ling = 5 pts/in Trout = 7 pts/in Smallmouth = 9 pts/in Largemouth = 8 pts/in Sturgeon = 3 pts/in Striped Bass = 5 pts/in Lake (Mackinaw) Trout = 6 pts/in Kokanee = 10 pts/in Catfish = 5 pts/in Panfish = 12 pts/in Spotted Bass = 8 pts/in Steelhead = 6 pts/in White Seabass = 4 pts/in Flounder = 8 pts/in Greenling = 11 pts/in Surf Perch = 12 pts/in
                      Prizes
                      Prizes for 2011 to be determined! Entry Fee - $40
                      AOTY Sponsored by
                      Copyright 2010 Northwest Kayak Anglers

Comment

Matt, That is some good thinking. Nice work. Some thoughts...

Sponsored by... could get the various retail guys interested. Easton Cycle & Sport, Backyard Boats, Paddlehouse Outfitters, KI Kayaks, etc... #5 might over complicate things/cause confusion with anglers but... with a catch/photo/release concept there is no need to attend all M&G's. Maybe make those a different category. We started by everyone bringing a lure/fishing related item and the largest fish took home the "pool". We haven't done that this year...

Overall, a great concept. Let's talk more. Not too soon to prepare for 2012!

Comment

I love this idea....Legalize the E-yaks! im gonna campaign. I wish i had somekind of good news about my revo..sad face
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                            Matt, That is some good thinking. Nice work. Some thoughts...

with a catch/photo/release concept
                            Overall, a great concept. Let's talk more. Not too soon to prepare for 2012!
                            It doesn't even have to be RELEASE, there is no way I'm releasing a 24 in flounder if i catch one. I think release should be optional. the photo entry just makes it easy to keep track of points and entries.

I'm all for legalizing the electric yaks. I've fished with PINCH on the torque and I never felt like he had any extreme advantage over me due to the motorized kayak. (maybe just fishing skills lol)

Comment

[QUOTE=eastonkayaker;13628]Matt,

Here are some rules that NWKA and NKCA use.

One thing again is the motorized kayaks??? Also give different points for different species. That had a thread on this and came to a concensus on how many points for each species.
                              =QUOTE]

Different value for fish would be good here is what I tought. Between 3-7 points fill in for fish i didn't add point value.

Also I don't have anything against motherships either? how does everyone else feel?

Species List
                              Largemouth Bass (5), Smallmouth Bass (5), Crappie (3), Bluegill (3), Catfish (5), White Perch (3), Yellow Perch (5), Red Drum (7), Black Drum (7), Bluefish (5), Rockfish (5), Spanish Mackeral (7), Spot (3), Croaker (3), Flounder (7) , Tautog (5), Cod, Black Seabass, Speckled Trout, Snakehead, Weakfish, Sheephead, Scup, Chain Pickerel, Northern Pike, Rainbow Trout, Walleye, Brook Trout, Muskey, Brown Trout, Cobia, Triggerfish, Spadefish, and any offshore fish

Comment

Working...
                              X