Who wants free bucktails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants free bucktails

Ok so my father called me yesterday from his job and they were cleaning out an old building for a move and he discovered something awesome. Pre WW2 lead bricks made from old navy ship balasts or something like that. Anyway each brick weighs in at 48lbs. This is old lead not the radiated kind and its soft. He asked me if i wanted them to weigh my kayak rack down. Long story short he brings two of them home for me but i have other plans for them. I started making some bucktails. I have a hot lips mold that makes 3/4 1oz and 1 1/2oz. here is a few pictures.

Im working with a few different colors combos and i would love your input. I plan on selling these on ebay however if you want a few made let me know colors, weight and hook size and ill turn you out a few. Its really easy.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Hey, never turn down free stuff! I'll take whatever experimental colors, sizes etc. Hope to see you at the bridge tomorrow. Yak on the trailer, getting up at 3. Should be there by 4:30 am. I figure I should be over on the East side by 6 am. Gold/Bronze Crystal Flash works wonders on stuff.

Comment

ill some hot pink ones if you dont mind.

thanks
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'll take one, any color and size you think that'll bring good luck. Thanks!
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
          ill some hot pink ones if you dont mind.

thanks
          all hot pink?
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

You hit the jackpot with that old ballast lead. That's the good stuff and you found the perfect use for it. If you want i can powder coat a few for you to try. I have the following colors

Pearl White
            Hot Pink
            Blue
            Flame Red
            Yellow
            Black
            Blaze Orange
            White
            Green Chartreuse
            Chartreuse

I love the powder coating and they look tasty when done.

Comment

I'll take a few 3/4 oz pink and charteuse.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Pinch I'll grab some off ya! You ain't even gotta paint em or put the bucktails on em... I always wanted to try tying my own!

Comment

I will take hot pink, white, black, and Chartreuse if you have them to give away.

Comment

If your up for it I'll take a few 1oz, whatever color you think is gonna catch me a monster flounder haha

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                      You hit the jackpot with that old ballast lead. That's the good stuff and you found the perfect use for it. If you want i can powder coat a few for you to try. I have the following colors

Pearl White
                      Hot Pink
                      Blue
                      Flame Red
                      Yellow
                      Black
                      Blaze Orange
                      White
                      Green Chartreuse
                      Chartreuse
                      I love the powder coating and they look tasty when done.

How did you get that 2 tone feathering look with powder paint

Comment

i'll take some and a lesson on how to make them! ive been wating to pour my own stuff and learn to tie
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                          If your up for it I'll take a few 1oz, whatever color you think is gonna catch me a monster flounder haha

im thinking pink with...umm...dynamite.
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                            i'll take some and a lesson on how to make them! ive been wating to pour my own stuff and learn to tie
                            you live close, im in columbia. I you have time this week i can show you.. You can have the ones you make. Youll love it
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

When I worked at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard we used lead by the ton- mostly for shielding in the reactor compartments in submarines- but we had thick sheets of it in the tool rooms and cut it on bandsaws-

Pinch, If you have any left over, I am always in the market for a couple- I mostly use the "plain Jane" white ones and "plain Jane" chartreuse ones- That seems to be what I always buy when I am replenishing my supply- 5/8 oz are the ones I use the most of.
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X