Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a dirty job. Someone had to do it (CHSP, Oct 21, 201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a dirty job. Someone had to do it (CHSP, Oct 21, 201)

On Oct 21, 2015. I fished for Tautog along the oust side of the inner wall for the first time in the fall this year. The water temp dropped a lot. The top water temp was 54-58 F which was lower than I expected. I caught 8-9 tautogs (6 keepers) at 12" - 18", and some other trash fish. I brought/used all 3 DZ of frozen shrimp for the bait.

The water current and slack times didn't work for me to go to the outer. So I decided to use two hours of traveling time to the outer wall for fishing in the inner wall.

The fishing Log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

That's what I like about DE, you can keep 5 togs (vs. 3 for VA). Nice work. Hey, American eel?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      That's what I like about DE, you can keep 5 togs (vs. 3 for VA). Nice work. Hey, American eel?
      That (5 togs) was why I went to CHSP. Tomorrow I will be delivering fresh seafood to my coworkers. Yes, American eel is the most slimy fish I don't want to deal with. Conger eels are different. They don't curl up and they aren't so slimy.
      I will be heading for CBBT this coming Sunday for Flounder and Tog. Togs should have started biting and flounders should be still there. Besides, bridge pillar fishing is easier than the rock pile fishing.

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Way to go Joe, congrats on your catches. Looks like it was a great day.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I hope the flounders are still there at CBBT.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
            I hope the flounders are still there at CBBT.
            We should be able to catch some flounders along with togs. This will be the last weekend for flounder, I think.

The winds on both Sat and Sun look good. I can fish Sun only.

Joe

Comment

Nice, I went yesterday and only caught toads. Water cloudy and waves to 8', no bueno
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice day ComeonFish. Tautogs are one of my favorites! American Eels are tasty, though as you said slimy as all get out. No harder to skin than a catfish and with a bit of patience not hard to fillet. Although one time I thought one was dead and it decided to get lose in my car! Yep, pull over fast and pulled him out from under the passenger seat! They are durable suckers.
                WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Good job Joe. I will go there
                  2014 Hobie Outback
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
                  2nd PLACE
                  Slam Division

Comment

Working...
                  X