Kayaking Story....sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking Story....sort of

I was walking through the local COSTCO by my job at mid day. I wanted to pickup a lunch box for my kayak that they had there. As I was walking down an aisle to towards a register, there was a lady at one of the food sampling stations offering slices of ham to try. As I got my sample she asked me "is that lunchbox for you?" I said "yes." She then said "what are you going to do with it." I said that it is to use on my kayak. Her eyes opened wide and said you Kayak! I said yes. she then proceeded to call over three other female employees at the various food sampling stations, and told them that I was a kayaker. Go figure. These ladies were around 60+ years old and seemed fascinated with kayaking. They then revealed to me that their boss of this COSTCO was an avid kayaker. I thought that was really funny. They then proceeded to ask me many questions regarding SIT and SOT kayaks. They wanted to know how to rig one for fishing. They wanted to know what kind of fish that I am catching. I felt like I was having a kayaking seminar at the local COSTCO. finally, it was time for me go and get back to work. However, before I could leave, they said that they wanted me to bring them some fish. Yeah, right...I can see it know, me bringing in a bunch of fresh off the boat fillets into the COSTCO.

lol. you should have told them they need to be card carrying members of MKF to get those fillets. Kind of like how you need a costco card to shop there.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Did you ask them to join our forum?
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ha nice!
        sigpic

Comment

You Go Moc! You are always pulling the old freaks everywhere you go! Lol
          GB

Comment

yeah i think they wanted you freaky old chicks need love too

by the way where are all the woman kayakers?

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
              I was walking through the local COSTCO by my job at mid day. I wanted to pickup a lunch box for my kayak that they had there. As I was walking down an aisle to towards a register, there was a lady at one of the food sampling stations offering slices of ham to try. As I got my sample she asked me "is that lunchbox for you?" I said "yes." She then said "what are you going to do with it." I said that it is to use on my kayak. Her eyes opened wide and said you Kayak! I said yes. she then proceeded to call over three other female employees at the various food sampling stations, and told them that I was a kayaker. Go figure. These ladies were around 60+ years old and seemed fascinated with kayaking. They then revealed to me that their boss of this COSTCO was an avid kayaker. I thought that was really funny. They then proceeded to ask me many questions regarding SIT and SOT kayaks. They wanted to know how to rig one for fishing. They wanted to know what kind of fish that I am catching. I felt like I was having a kayaking seminar at the local COSTCO. finally, it was time for me go and get back to work. However, before I could leave, they said that they wanted me to bring them some fish. Yeah, right...I can see it know, me bringing in a bunch of fresh off the boat fillets into the COSTCO.
              .......... and the 3 senior food samplers kept you talking about yaking while they gently guided you to the stock room ........... once inside they tore off your clothes and had their way with you ............ sad sad story ..........

Comment

I thought the set up for "did they ask to see your rod?" would have been the direction you went Memory...

Pretty funny story Moc. I always get stopped at gas stations and people want to talk about it. I can't imagine what it would be like if my car looked like those guys from J-bay. I should have taken pictures, you could barely see out the windows due to all the fishing stickers. One guy had what looked like a 50" rock reproduction sticker, now that would be awesome if you caught it!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                  You Go Moc! You are always pulling the old freaks everywhere you go! Lol
                  GB
                  She wanted Martin to try out the badonk a donk....

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...oductname_link
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

You're a star, Martin. You've got groupies at COSTCO! LOL!

Comment

LoL.... you guys are funny!
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

It is really nice to see so much interest from non-kayakers about the sport. I wonder how fast the sport is growing here in Maryland.

Comment

they didnt care about kayaks, they wanted moc-adonk

Comment

Originally posted by esmd View Post
                            It is really nice to see so much interest from non-kayakers about the sport. I wonder how fast the sport is growing here in Maryland.

the plastic navy is growing...we need some more southern marylanders and sweet water yakers to come out of the closet
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X