GoPro Mount/FF relocation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Mount/FF relocation.

Well I went back to the drawing board on the tourque this morning fixing a few things that have been bothering me about the initial rigging. The first thing on the list was making the Fish finder easier to reach yet still out of the way. I accomplished this with a ram mount and made a backing plate to hold it firmly. The second project was to figure out another way to mount the Gopro so i can move it around on the kayak for more angles. I used the Head mount that comes with the gopro, cut the straps off it then i cut a scotty male adaptor down drilled a hole and screwed it on. To cover up the hole from the original FF mount i put in a volt meter to monitor my battery usage. Heres a few pics.

I think i have OCD when it comes to kayak rigging....
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

damn dude...that thing is hardcore! you even have a volt meter..lol

how do you like the GoPro? I got a gift card to bestbuy for my bday and am planning on getting one. Not sure if I should get the gopro or the fuji waterproof camera.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i love the gopro, mine is the wide angle so the video and video captures come out amazing
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

nice setup jack, i was thinking of getting the wide angle one also. i have the fuji wp but it isnt the best setup with the buttons and menu.

Comment

Nice!!
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

i just bought the go pro. now, i just need to figure out how to mount it. pretty neat camera though. a lot smaller than i thought.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I will be picking one up in the next two weeks.

Comment

they use them on the kayak fishing show with jim sammons, they mount them on a scotty base behind the seat to the left on a scotty light with the handlebar mount right over the left shoulder so u can reach it easy and it gets the whole front area.

Comment

Is that the Hero 960? Surf? Naked? Since this seems to be the go-to camera, I'm thinking about getting one too to keep up with kayak crowd
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ouch, checked some prices whew have to do with the fuji wp for now

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                      i just bought the go pro. now, i just need to figure out how to mount it. pretty neat camera though. a lot smaller than i thought.
                      My reaction, exactly- tiny damn thing to cost so much- tried mine out yesterday by jury rigging a plastic swivel mop handle- don't laugh- with duct tape and a little imagination you can make anything- anyway, I learned that I don't know jack about making videos and that I turned the camera off when I thoght I turned it on and vice versa- need a little more experience with playing with it but the pictures are amazingly clear and the video playback smooth as a pro- sound is perfect, too
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

How is the sound with the waterproof case? The only thing i don't like about the contours waterproof case is the lack of sound. I guess that's part of the whole waterproof concept though. : D

Now my play-sports sound is great but its not a POV camera.

Comment

What Gopro model do you guys recommend? 960? Surf? Naked?
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

i think i got the naked, i cant remember. they should have the same quality except maybe the 960
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I got the Hero Naked then ordered several mounts from Eye of Mine, including the chest and head harnesses...
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X