Spa Creek and Romancoke 6.25-26.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spa Creek and Romancoke 6.25-26.11

Saturday, my girlfriend and I went crabbing off the kayaks in Spa Creek. Just paddled a few hundred yards from the launch point towards the Eastport bridge, tied the 2 kayaks together, anchored up, and set out 8 handlines. In the 3 hours from 3ish to 6pm, we ended up with 9 keepers, with a few in the 6.5" range. It was actually pretty fun and will definitely be crabbing again. i do want to try a trot line or pots, but just sitting there relaxing waiting for the handlines to move was quite pleasant, expecially with good company. it was funny because it was like we were a exhibit every time one the tour boats floated by, the tourists were pointing and taking pictures of us..ha.."look at them, they're crabbing"

Sunday, I decided to make an afternoon trip to Eastern Bay via Romancoke. Wish i would have crabbed or fished the bay bridge! Eastern Bay has once again eluded me. I only took lures, as my mission for eastern bay since last year has been LTJ. I basically pedaled aimlessly looking for a shelf holding fish or a bait ball being attacked. didnt find neither. i need to bring a chart or get a fish finder with charts. mine with just gps is pointless. i will catch something without bait in Eastern Bay!

heading towards eastport bridge which i did jig for about 20 minutes

this was just a last minute thing so we ghetto rigged out lines, but i have some plans already for a professional set up

The house behind her is the house of Director Barry Levinson, director of Rain Main and more according to the tour boat..lol

sigpic

These ducks were seriously looking to be hand fed

Romancoke. The water was coming over the little wooden ramp

This pic will actually show me messing around and bouncing a bucktail off the bottom. at one time(not pictured), it actually showed an arc/fish diving down towards the bucktail...

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful!!
      I can only find ugly people to fish with like Surfdog & Mytmouse!
      Lol
      GB

Comment

Nice report and pics. I like the MacGyvered handline holder. Pretty clever.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice pics....especially the one of Kelly's legs lol
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Great Report! I need to get started on some crabbing... And speak for yourself Grady... Your just jealous of my looks...

Comment

That's a good sign. Crabbing has been bad for me on many trips. However, the last time (Summer 2010) we caught over three dozen within three hours at Solomons using those round string nets and chicken. All keepers with many good sized crabs. That was lucky. Sometimes you catch tons of nonkeeper females.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

we did well over at clairborne some monster wp that moc got and big HHs. last week i had a little blue hit a 4" gulp shad on a jig head that was almost as big as it was greedy little sob jumped clean out of the water

Comment

Working...
                X