Assateague/Verrazano Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assateague/Verrazano Bridge

I haven't been able to launch from my work in a while, but a couple of kayakers have and of course I told them about the Forum.

Anyways one in particular had some success drifting near the red marker north of the Verrazano Bridge toward OC. He said he caught a number of small dogfish sharks and a flounder that spit the hook at the boat. He was drifting with double flounder rig and squid.

I'm gonna try it at some point this week, and I'm working out a day off this week...(PINCH).. I thinking either tuesday or thursday, but I'm seeing Storms for Tuesday.

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
    I haven't been able to launch from my work in a while, but a couple of kayakers have and of course I told them about the Forum.

Anyways one in particular had some success drifting near the red marker north of the Verrazano Bridge toward OC. He said he caught a number of small dogfish sharks and a flounder that spit the hook at the boat. He was drifting with double flounder rig and squid.
    That was me. Thanks for the info about the forum -- I've spent the better part of the last few nights going through everything. I wish I could post a better picture of a shark, but I've yet to master the multitasking necessary to get a good photo of anything I catch on the yak. Thanks again!
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome! hey, any pic is better than no pic, lol, thanks! what were you drifting?
      sigpic

Comment

I know they catch a lot of flounder behind the OC airport and Frontier Town. I've been out on the Bay Bee a few times and that's usually the first spot they try in the morning. Just keep going north from the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by scorchy View Post
          That was me. Thanks for the info about the forum -- I've spent the better part of the last few nights going through everything. I wish I could post a better picture of a shark, but I've yet to master the multitasking necessary to get a good photo of anything I catch on the yak. Thanks again!
          Welcome!! How big was that shark?

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            Welcome!! How big was that shark?
            Probably not as big as I remember it being when I was trying not to drop it in the boat as I unhooked it. My guess is the bigger one was maybe 3 feet nose-to-tail.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
              Welcome! hey, any pic is better than no pic, lol, thanks! what were you drifting?
              Squid on a yellow flounder rig. I had no idea what I was doing -- my few other kayak fishing trips were on the patapsco and centennial lake. I must admit that being out in the saltwater was a lot more fun.

Comment

Working...
              X