Hobie Revo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Revo

what is the best spot to mount a ff on a revo,?

to me, the 3 best options are on left or right side rails right at the start of the footwells, basically the thickest part of the rail, or use the sail mast hole with either a pvc pipe or ram adapter. GS and i both have it on the rails. i have seen many others with it on the mast hole, but i prefer it to be closer to me so i can play with it. having it that far forward would become a pain. also, it would block the front hatch for me, as i stick my keepers in there. another option i have seen is locating it in the cup holder on the left or using a ram mount anywhere on the side of the kayak, but those pose a cramp for the mirage drive and if you ever need to paddle. if you want, i'll see if i can take a pic of my mount.
    sigpic

Comment

thats what i thought, on the rail at the thickest part , should be out of the way. saw the pvc mast mount and its too far to see and play with. now i need the courage to put a 3/4 hole for the ceacap for the trensd. wires and get every thing mounted too bad the weather looks bad this weekend

Comment

Personally, I'd put it on a Ram mount on whichever side works for ya. That way, when you're moving, you can push it out and away from the Mirage Drive, but it's easily moved and repositioned if you need to fiddle with it. Plus, I can take the whole thing off and just leave a Ram ball on the yak when I store it.

Comment

thats what i used, Ram ff mount for a eagle ff, got the diamond base, looks sweet. didn't mount the rod holders yet didn't like the way
          the mounts fit so i ordered the ram 2 piece mount for narrow areas should be here next week.

Comment

Working...
          X