Just Playing Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Playing Around

Worked on a few small projects over the last few weeks. Had an old jet ski trailer down at the lake so I brought that home, repaired it and raised the rails so I could put the outback on it. No more rooftop and that way I can leave the boat rigged. Built a live well as well so I put in a switch for that through the hull rather than turning around to turn it on/off. While I was at it ran an extra set of wires to hook up a submersible light or whatever. Decided to put in a distribution panel to cut down on all the wires running belowdecks, as I have the fishfinder and chartplotter up front as well. As soon as I get another wiring harness and transducer, I will replace both those units by swapping my 998c SI back and forth from the boat. Also attached two new coil rod leashes to replace the homemade ones. Added turnbuckles to the crate as now it will be traveling down the road on the yak. At least all of this should cut down on launch/pickup time as I don't have to gear up/down the yak anymore. Also added a second battery as running all of the electronics/lights at once could draw everything down pretty quick. The crate can carry 9 rods so I dont have to retie rigs very often, just grab a different rod. I need to come up with a better internal trolley system, but the one I have in there at least keeps gear handy. Now I just have to find time to fish!

Pictures, please...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

^+1
      sigpic

Comment

^+2 cool doug need to get it wet. have porcupine will travel

Comment

will load them this weekend

Comment

where you heading to?

Comment

not sure yet. May be taking a friend/client out on Sunday, if so, will be the boat. If not, probably hit SPSP for a little livelineing

Comment

Bridge for livelining-early.

Comment

good luck we will be at the southern end of the hacketts. looks like chartruse jighead with char. bkd is working at the pilings

Comment

may come down to you if I can ride the tide back. Radio on you?

Comment

Working...
                    X