Leesylvania Again 6/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania Again 6/25

Went out to Leesylvania again today this time with Jffoley. It was a slow day as the morning bite was quick and the sun came out blazing. We all still managed fish and Jffoley picked up a small snakehead that just wouldn't seem to die. I had a few takes on the frog in the morning but couldn't get good hooksets. I may go back out this afternoon or try tomorrow afternoon to see what I can manage. And yes...Jasmine outfished me again...
    Attached Files
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Congrats on the snakehead John!! That's awesome! I wish I could have made the trip
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael! Pretty cool fish. Its head is hard as a rock. Nice fight too. Here's a close up pic of his ugly mug. I also picked a nice LM bass on a power worm.

Jack, Thanks for letting me tag along. Nice launch area. Your GF is great fisher-person. She's really into it and seems to outcatch you! A "keeper" you might say!

I think I'm gonna try the tidal Potomac more instead of running to the bay all the time. The NSH is an interesting quarry. Can't go wrong with good sized LM bass as a by catch! Maybe try it again tomorrow. Lemme know!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey John,
        Id like to go tomorrow but I have to take someone out in the morning. I'd be more interested in the afternoon bite as I think the tide and action will both be better. I may be able to be there are 5-6 pm if interested. That goes for anyone else that wants to get out as well.
        www.anglerswithoutborders.com
        Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Afternoon/evening bite should be better but tomorrow the morning works better for me. Planning to give it a go...

Comment

So John, what did it taste like?
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              So John, what did it taste like?
              Dunno. I gave it away to a shoreline fisherman. But if it tastes anything like it smells... bleh! Damn things stink!

Also, VA does not require that they be killed. They'd like you to but it is not a requirement:

"Any unusual fish needs to be reported to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. We have established a snakehead hotline that anglers can use to report snakehead fish (804-367-2925). Anglers are not required to report snakeheads nor are they required to kill them if caught, but the Department asks that the fish be reported and killed if possible. "

From: http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/snakehead-faq.asp

I called to report it and the VM box is full! Must be lots of snakeheads being caught!

Comment

I hear snakeheads are good eating, but I've never caught one myself to try.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice fish all around. Good work on the snakehead, John. That must've been a blast.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

nice job on the snakehead!
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                    X