Cape Henlopen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henlopen

Me and a buddy are going to cape Henlopen in Delaware in about 2 weeks was wonder if anyone had any advice or fishing reports? Also what were you using love or artificial bait and what test ln did you have and how far did you go out. Also are they any structures to work or is it just open ocean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love...definitely love! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pat19899 View Post
      Also what were you using love or artificial bait
      We used love; while putting live bait on hooks.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          We used love; while putting live bait on hooks.
          You ... hookers ...

Comment

ok, now that we got all the joking out of the way....

There are basically three significant pieces of structure off of cape henlopen"
            Fishing pier - you can jig gulp or soak minnows around here for flounder.
            Inner and Outer break walls - These rock walls are in place to break up waves for the cape may-lewes ferry and they are a fantastic fish habitat. It seems the bite has been slow this summer, but normally, around this time of the year you will find tautog, triggerfish, and some sheepshead. Soaking sandfleas or shrimp on a bottom rig work best for these fish. You can also jig gulp around the wall for flounder.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              ok, now that we got all the joking out of the way....

There are basically three significant pieces of structure off of cape henlopen"
              Fishing pier - you can jig gulp or soak minnows around here for flounder.
              Inner and Outer break walls - These rock walls are in place to break up waves for the cape may-lewes ferry and they are a fantastic fish habitat. It seems the bite has been slow this summer, but normally, around this time of the year you will find tautog, triggerfish, and some sheepshead. Soaking sandfleas or shrimp on a bottom rig work best for these fish. You can also jig gulp around the wall for flounder.
              That's good advice. I would have tried to post something worth while, but I've only been there one time and struggled to catch flounder around the pier. We used hi/lo rigs with minnows for flounder; caught more little skate and dogfish than flatfish. Ended up resorting to bloodworms and fishbites to put croaker on the stringer. Only a few flounder made it to the cooler.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
              X