Eastern Bay on the Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay on the Boat

Took some friends and my dad fishing on the boat sunday, monday, and tuesday. They all need a little more practice live lining.

Caught spot near Holland Point then ran over to Eastern Bay and The Hill just off Poplar Island. My friends killed a lot spot everyday, but I was able to catch fish haha. The others weren't as lucky. And yesterday my dad finally caught a rock live lining.

Caught two really big spot, both close to 11 inches. They cooked up really nice as an appetizer to the rockfish.

Also tried trolling with planers and small spoons on monday after we ran out of spot and caught two decent blues.
    Attached Files

And I decided to name the boat "Strike One", a little baseball and fishing combo. Thinking about getting my captain's liscense next summer and running 2 person charter trips. haha

Comment

nice report, sounds like a blast and thanks for the pics. i love the name too, going to get a decal ont he back or side? how did you cook the spot? i used to eat them when i was a kid all the time but stopped during my cool years. ha

tried them again a couple weeks ago and they were pretty damn good.

question. what do you prefer now that you have a boat, boating or kayak?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
        nice report, sounds like a blast and thanks for the pics. i love the name too, going to get a decal ont he back or side? how did you cook the spot? i used to eat them when i was a kid all the time but stopped during my cool years. ha

tried them again a couple weeks ago and they were pretty damn good.

question. what do you prefer now that you have a boat, boating or kayak?
        I think next summer they will get used about equal, but since the boat is the newest toy I've been trying to take as many trips on it as possible with friends before I go back to school. Because I'll have the kayak with me at college and will use that more often. Also, the boat is nice now because I can actually get to a location with high percentage chance of catching rockfish.

First I butterfly fillet all my spot, I cook them with a little lemon, seasoning salt and a little old bay. I've had the cook at Smokey Joes Restaurant next to my tackle shop cook some up for me too after being out on the yak and he deep fries them in a cajun batter, it's realllly good but I don't have a deep fryer.

And i want to get a side decal and have the boat make and design removed, but then again I'm a poor college kid so it might not happen.

Comment

If only I could paddle my kayak over to eastern bay.

More Rock today at eastern bay. Went out on my friends 21ft Proline CC. caught them at will, released a lot of them.

Used my Ultra Lite Shimano combo w/ 4lb test to live line the last couple spot and I caught a 23inch rock that put up an awesome fight on the little rod. Then my boy Tyler used it to catch a 26inch rock. He didn't think the ultra lite combo could handle the rock but it proved him wrong today. I wish i would of had my fly rod out there today to live line with, that would have been a fun light tackle fight.
          Attached Files

Comment

those are some nice rocks. are you finding fish on the finder and dropping spot over or just fishing structure and hoping for the best?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
              those are some nice rocks. are you finding fish on the finder and dropping spot over or just fishing structure and hoping for the best?
              using the fish finder

Comment

Working...
              X