Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocahontas of Delaware and a Large Bomb from a D@m# Bird - Aug 8, 2015

Is Pocahontas of Delaware good luck?
    Is getting hit by a bird poop good luck, really?

Arrived the parking lot (across East of Maui, Kayak Retailer) before 7 AM on Sat, Aug 8, 2015) to see the water before driving to CHSP ((Cape Henlopen State Park, DE). We weren't sure if we can launch kayak at CHSP because of the wind forecast. Yes it was launch-able at CHSP. I called HokieDJ and Turnik indicating we could launch at CHSP and fish the Inner Wall. So we fished CHSP not RI (Roosevelt Inlet).

At the beach across East of Maui, I saw a bench engraved "Pocahontas of Delaware". When I got back to the truck, I got hit by a large bird poop. I wasn't sure it was an act of single bird. The poop was on my head, shoulder, and the kayak. If I hadn't spent time for reading and trying to figure out the meaning of "Pocahontas of Delaware", I probably didn't get hit by a bird poop. I usually carry about 4 gallons of water. So I cleaned my self and kayak. before Tufnik arrived at CHSP.

We fished hard at the Inner Wall and every where. The outside of the Inner Wall wasn't quite fish-able, but we did. I wasn't sure about going to the Outer Wall. After Tufnik and HokieDJ left early, I fished until 7:15 PM.

I caught 20+ toadfish and two tautog @12" and 14.5", no keepers, no flounder. We didn't do good.

At the parking lot, I talked with about 5 other kayakers. We all didn't do good in catching . At least I have an excuse. "Pocahontas of Delaware" and the bird ate a bunch of small crabs, were bad luck.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-09-2015, 09:58 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Pocahontas was a Virginia Indian associated with colonial settlement. That bird may also be a "Delaware Pocahontas" also associated with settlement, the poop kind...lol
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

That whole place is poop

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
        That whole place is poop
        Maybe we should have gone to OC. Maybe less poop.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X