CHSP Sat 8-8-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Sat 8-8-15

Fished with ComeOnfish and HokieDJ on a mostly cloudy day. It was pretty windy with not-so-calm swells and chops too, but we managed to fish the not-too-much-fun north side of the Inner Wall. We wanted to, but did not go to the Outer Wall.

It was not really a good catchin' day. I used clams, but could not find sheeps. I jigged a bucktail and hung live minnows for flounder, and I caught only a dogfish (shark). Among all of us, I think only HokieDJ caught a flounder (a short). I talked to two other yakers at end of the day, and they had no luck either.

When I was off the water at 5 pm, Joe was still fishing. The water was not as choppy and the wind had died down a bit. Maybe he caught flounder. I know he caught toads and short togs.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

You did more fishing and catching than I did this weekend.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

It did suck yesterday. I was bailing out water under my seat all day.

That place continues to be not kind to me. 3 years and not one fish has shown up on my dinner table from there.

Comment

The area around Lewes was not kind to anyone this weekend. We've been hitting it up with the boat and no one we spoke to did anything this weekend. We happened in to one 5 1/2# flounder but that was by dumb luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
        2015 Coosa HD
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
          It did suck yesterday. I was bailing out water under my seat all day.

That place continues to be not kind to me. 3 years and not one fish has shown up on my dinner table from there.
          Its much better in the spring, hopefully the slammer blues are back next year!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I was out there with a buddy for some of the afternoon with zero luck too. I did see some folks posted up next to the dock for the lighthouse on the inner wall. I have thought about taking a break for lunch there and stretching my legs. The area is not posted but I have never seen people there. Does anyone know if you can go out on the dock?
            Ride 135 Green
            Big Tuna Orange
            12ft Bote HD
            Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

I've only ever seen amish dudes go up there and getting up there isn't easy. I saw one guy fall off that ladder, cut his leg up, flip his yak and lose all his gear. I also don't know how sturdy that thing is in general. Personally I would avoid it. The beach is only like 1/4 mile away if you really wanna stretch your legs. The outer wall is a different story.
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the advice Romo. When the current is flowing, that spot will eat up gear. I know I have left a rod and anchor in the water there.
                Ride 135 Green
                Big Tuna Orange
                12ft Bote HD
                Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Comment

Working...
                X