New toys for the boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toys for the boys

I got my GoPro Hero delivered by UPS- tiny little thing- supposed to be tough as nails, though...and after fishing all day on Father's Day, Tufnik had to help me lift my kayak on top of my car- I was pooped out- so he showed me his DIY suction cup car loader- ordered the four cup dent pulled from Northern Tools- and a Yakima rack for my car....looking at my toy expenditures for 2011...new Kayak, new Hummingbird 570di, AquaBound Sting Ray paddle, rigging supplies, mounts, PFD, dry top, breathable waders, GoPro Hero, Yakima car top mount, tons of fishing gear, baits, line, etc....Doing my part to stimulate the economic recovery-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

You will love the go pro. I want to see how you mount it. I put mine down with Velcro on the black mount that holds it in the box. I have the wide angle lenses. I also recommend you get a 16 gb card a 4gblight fills way to fast.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Yeah, cool toys! Now you can get a pic of the snakehead (underwater!)

Check this out, ""Homemade Kayak Loader..." This is where I got my idea from. My single loader has two wheels, whereas the video version uses two loaders with no wheels.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBcPgDx5kJY
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Yeah, cool toys! Now you can get a pic of the snakehead (underwater!)

Check this out, ""Homemade Kayak Loader..." This is where I got my idea from. My single loader has two wheels, whereas the video version uses two loaders with no wheels.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBcPgDx5kJY
        Hey Tufnik,
        I could really use something like that video. Can you post the supplies you used and where you got them? Thank you in advance. And thank you for sharing that video!

Comment

Originally posted by shockaholick View Post
          Hey Tufnik,
          I could really use something like that video. Can you post the supplies you used and where you got them? Thank you in advance. And thank you for sharing that video!
          Correct me if I am wrong but looks like some glass carrying suction cups, which you can get all over the internet or Harbor Freight here locally, and some pvc with a tennis ball to help slide. I would venture a 2 inch pvc guess, as to the lengths I am not sure but I may have to make one of these for my buddy. Putting the yak on the little mazda can be a handful for him

Comment

I am going to build the one like in the video, so I'll let you know the materials, lengths, etc. The one I ordered was a four suction cup auto dent puller from Northern Tools- we don't have them or Harbor anywhere close to Southern Maryland so I ordered it on line. I am working this week in Tullahoma, Tennessee but will be home Friday. Wife says my box from RacKAttack came in yesterday- should be my Yakima kit. So I have some rigging work to do before my next fishing trip.

Comment

I've got a few of the suction cup things if anyone is interested ......... bought them when I thought I was going to load the PA on the SUV ........ I'm hoping to make the Snakehead Meet ........ I'll bring them to it

Comment

I've got a few of the suction cup things if anyone is interested ......... bought them when I thought I was going to load the PA on the SUV ........ I'm hoping to make the Snakehead Meet ........ I'll bring them to it ...... trade me a lure or something for 1 .......... or just take 1 if you don't have something to trade .......

Comment

I'm sure you're gonna love the camera. I just made a vid this morning with my contour. I'm working out the kinks on the head mount. In this vid, my head strap is in the field of view by accident.

http://contour.com/stories/morning-drive
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

how long does the battery last in the gopro? how much time/video will it hold or does it just use an sd card?
                    sigpic

Comment

Battery life is advertised as 2.5 hours of continous shooting of video or until the card is full

Comment

Ok, will post a pic of my kayak loader.
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

i have ben wating to buy a video camera of sorts. my research is limited thus far, but i want to be able to use it on the kayak and motorcycle trips.. the gopro seems great, but i want more hours from it. started me thinking about jst getting a sonycam or similar with water proof case. of course this will end up being 3 times the size though
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                            i have ben wating to buy a video camera of sorts. my research is limited thus far, but i want to be able to use it on the kayak and motorcycle trips.. the gopro seems great, but i want more hours from it. started me thinking about jst getting a sonycam or similar with water proof case. of course this will end up being 3 times the size though
                            VIO POV VIO POV VIO POV......... AAAFLAC !!!!!!!

http://www.vio-pov.com/ ........

Comment

I installed my new Yakima roof mount rack today on my Ford Focus- wow! it is really nice, as long as you take your time and follow instructions this is really a "user friendly" installation.

Now I am trying to figure out if I want to mount my GoPro Hero on the kayak or wear it as head gear-

Still waiting on the Northern Tools 4 suction cup dent puller order to come in so I can make the kayak loader...

Comment

Working...
                              X