Leesylvania State Park 6/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania State Park 6/22

Hit Leesylvania for a few hours this morning and didn't get the target snakehead but it was a great morning of fishing and we almost couldn't do anything wrong. Stuck to frogs and worms mostly. Caught a dozen or so and missed or broke off many many many more. Redfish12 knows I'm the master at losing fish and today must've been some sort of record. My girlfriend began laughing at me after about the 8th fish I lost at the boat. Most were lost due to using really light line, 6lb test, in the weeds and bad knots. Here's some pictures...
    Attached Files
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Man ............ a girlfriend that likes to Yak and fish ..........

Dude ......... you already caught the winner !!!!!!

Uh ........ is her Grandmother single? .........

Comment

Glad to see a report from you, Jack. Your lady friend smiling while holding that nice bass cracks me up. Not that she's rubbing it in, or anything...
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Haha good to see you guys got some fish after our failure of fishing last night! I may have set you up after talking about how you were the master of loosing fish, sorry about that. I guess it's true though!

Those are some nice bass she caught!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Jack you loose so many fish because you're afraid to touch them. That yellow boat looks familiar

Nice fish! Jasmine is killing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            Man ............ a girlfriend that likes to Yak and fish ..........

Dude ......... you already caught the winner !!!!!!
            +1 What he said!

Nice ah, "catch" there, Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by s14turbo View Post
              Jack you loose so many fish because you're afraid to touch them. That yellow boat looks familiar

Nice fish! Jasmine is killing it!
              Mouthfull of shaking hooks is spooky! But no, I was about to swim and chase more than a few fish. Jasmine did kill it that day and really that's the best way to get anyone interested in fishing is to have them catch when they go out. Good times! back out tomorrow and hopefully Saturday.
              Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Damn, nice bass.. Some of those look like 5lb+
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Neat

Neat looking place and great results. Gotta love it any time you can toss senkos and frogs around lilly pads and the bass are cooperating. I'm not sure where you are, but it looks fun.

Comment

This is in No. VA in the Potomac, or a tributary thereof, there's quite a few of these areas up and down both sides of the river. There was just a show on WFN (World Fishing Network) that had a guy fishing topwater frogs in the grassmats. He was fishing at a bridge that was just south of where I was fishing. I believe it was Possum Point, a place I've always wanted to take the kayak, but I'd have to look on the map again.
                    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Originally posted by kanvery View Post
                      Mouthfull of shaking hooks is spooky! But no, I was about to swim and chase more than a few fish. Jasmine did kill it that day and really that's the best way to get anyone interested in fishing is to have them catch when they go out. Good times! back out tomorrow and hopefully Saturday.
                      True. I've seen many-o-trebles in your hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X