Fixing the Hobie Seat so it doesnt hurt lower back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the Hobie Seat so it doesnt hurt lower back

So after the piney point outting i noticed that my lower back was hurting after about 4-5 hours out on the water. This is not an issue in the Torque so i went to the drawing board on how to fix the problem. I cut the Hobie seat in two and attached them to my original OK torque seat and inserted a piece of closed cell foam in the lower back area for more support. Here is the finished product. (side note) i also added another scotty flush mount and a scotty rod holder.

Random bait pod breaking at piney point:
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

nice Jack, going to hit claibourne again sat. you game?

Comment

we shall see
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

That looks good. I want to check it out in person to see how you did it.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

back

have you thought about getting yourself a gel seat. I have one for my motorcycle and it works wonders for my back. i use if for 2 hours then take it out for two hours. It takes some of the stress off of the back.

Comment

i have the gts expedition seat on my torque with the gel yakpad added to it. That setup is wonderful but i think part of it is due to the position you sit more straight up than the hobie. my buddy used the new seat the other day and said it was alot more comfortable. I took it for a short peddle aswell and it was ALOT better.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

A true innovator. That scotty arm is a nice isnt it. I put a piece of foam on mine to hang lurers to dry.
              Malibu Stealth 14
              Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Pinch

Hey pinch do you have a diagram on the way that you put that nifty rod holder togther on the rear of your yak

Comment

I kinda just eyeballed it from another users Metal ones. I went the cheap route.
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice job, Pinch. You're always coming up with 'em. I haven't had back trouble with the Hobie seat. I get the dreaded butt fatigue at about 3 hours. Same with a stock seat on my Cobra. I went with a GTS seat which is a great improvement. Haven't used it on the Revo yet so we'll see. But on the Cobra butt fatigue is still an issue. Under or over the seat for the yakpad?

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
                    Hey pinch do you have a diagram on the way that you put that nifty rod holder togther on the rear of your yak
                    Bassman: Here's the original rod holder/rocket launcher: http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...read.php?t=873

Comment

i read that the new hobie seats have an inflatable lumbar support built in, that would be an improvement

Comment

Working...
                      X