Trap Pond 7/6 &7/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Pond 7/6 &7/7

I went out camping and fishing with my dad at Trap Pond last Monday and Tuesday. A heavy rainstorm hit while setting up camp so we didn't get onto the water until the evening. The water was extremely murky. Instead of making the run down the lake to the cypress trees I decided to stay on the north end of the lake and fish the docks and flooded brush. I was pulling a chartreuse spinnerbait through the flooded brush when i caught this little guy.

IMG_2344.jpg

The next morning I paddled all the way down to the cypress trees and lily pads. I had 2 blowups on the frog, hooked one, but it got off as i was flipping it in to the kayak ( I was standing up). I hadn't caught any fish all morning and I was working my way up fishing the cypress trees with a spinnerbait when BAM! my spinnerbait got smacked as I bumped it off a tree. This one was 21" and 5.58lbs

IMG_2348.jpg

I made the paddle back down later in the day and was flipping the pads and trees with a Texas rigged brush hog. After about two hours of no success I finally hooked into this 5.37lb pig way back in the trees and pads.

IMG_2355.jpg

Overall I caught 5 bass and 1 crappie. All of the fish were caught on either a chartreuse spinnerbait or a t-rig brush hog. Most were caught off of the trees but one was caught over flooded brush. I hope you enjoyed my report and if you have any further questions about Trap pond or how I caught my fish feel free to ask me.
    Aidan

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Those are some nice fish in less than ideal conditions. thanks for the report!
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Congratulations.

I really like Trap Pond.

Glad you had success on it.

How was the algae and/or duckweed on the surface? Evidently by your photos it was either not there, dispersed by the rain or posed no problems for you to reach the fish.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Well done and nice to see a Delaware report.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

In the mornings and at night there was a thin green algae mat that covered the entire pond. by around 8am it all disappeared. I'm not sure exactly what it was.
          Aidan

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by angleraidan View Post
            In the mornings and at night there was a thin green algae mat that covered the entire pond. by around 8am it all disappeared. I'm not sure exactly what it was.
            Thank you.

I've never fished it in the summer, only spring. I've heard the pond gets covered. I'm glad it posed no problem for you.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Congratulations on those monster bass and welcome to the site!!
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
              X