Chsp 6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 6/12

Cowpokey, DaoLai and I were on the water before 7am. Water temp was right at 70 degrees.

We soaked minnows on high low rigs and I also jigged a bucktail with a teaser hook tipped with gulp. Minnows produced all the bites. We fished the old pier pilings.

Cowpokey started us off with a short (maybe ) flounder iwthin 15 minutes. We thought it was going to be a good day but it turned out to be very slow with a handful of bites in the morning on the outgoing tide and then another handful for the guys at in comming.

I went home with two keepers at 16" and 16.5" (pic below) and a skate here and there.

I went back in around 2pm, Cowpokey and Daolai stayed longer and managed some croaker and a nice 18.5" flounder by Cowpokey. I'll let them talk about that
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Nice! and love the leggings!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
      Nice! and love the leggings!
      LOL! I tried them for the first time cuz I hate slobbering sunblock all over my legs. I actually liked them, kept me cool and I forgot they were on... $20 on Amazon

Sent from Tapatalk
      -Mustafa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Whatever gets you on the water!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice job on the flounder. I guess no blues, eh?

You remind me of the movie, "Robin Hood, Men in Tights." Maybe your report should be, "Cap'n Ahab, Yak Man in Tights."
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

LOL! They do the job well!

Yeah blues are gone... And the bay was drastically empty compared to when the blues were there.
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Fun trip, wish the fish would have cooperated a little more. I got three personal bests; first time I caught a summer flounder, smooth dog fish and croaker.

CHSP trophies:

Nice meeting up with Salty Dog out there too.

Mustafa "The Iraqi Ninja" AbuMasgouf:

Dao:

A trio of dolphin (porpoise) came in to check out the CHSP:

Hoopers Island report; fishing sucked. We launched first at Hoopersville ramp around 6:00am. There is so much grass floating in the Honga River it is all but un-fishable. We went there for fish and constantly fouled with grass. Decided to load up and launch at the Hoopers Island bridge to work the pilings or fish the Bay side of the island.
              The only thing I caught small CNR, about a mile or so west of the bridge:

I went about 3 miles west of the bridge, to the 10 and 16 foot contour lines on the GPS Chart; I was out of the grass problem, but didn't mark any fish...not even schools of bait. I fished near the Hoopers Island Light, and got one bite, that I'm guessing was a bluefish too small to get the jig hook in its mouth...it pulled on the line for about 10 seconds then cut my Zman tail in half just short of the hook.

The rest of my pictures are here:
              http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Co...?sort=2&page=1
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

LOL!! Wow! I look like a MUMMY! The things I do to avoid putting on sunblock! LOL
                -Mustafa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                  LOL!! Wow! I look like a MUMMY! The things I do to avoid putting on sunblock! LOL
                  I wasn't going to say anything...you didn't get the lobster effect that I did, I applied the same amount of sunblock you did on Friday. Saturday, I had to smear on SPF-50 to keep from over cooking.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                    I wasn't going to say anything...you didn't get the lobster effect that I did, I applied the same amount of sunblock you did on Friday. Saturday, I had to smear on SPF-50 to keep from over cooking.
                    LOL! I can definitely say I am the same shade!
                    -Mustafa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                      LOL! I can definitely say I am the same shade!
                      my lobster effect is mostly over...still have a little on the shins.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Good meeting up with the gang on Friday. Fishing was slow. Fished the outgoing tide at Roosevelt Inlet on Saturday, not one hit. Minnows were not working. Saw a yaker catch 2 flatties using pink gulp. Boat traffic was incredible.
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                          Good meeting up with the gang on Friday. Fishing was slow. Fished the outgoing tide at Roosevelt Inlet on Saturday, not one hit. Minnows were not working. Saw a yaker catch 2 flatties using pink gulp. Boat traffic was incredible.
                          Wow, that sucks.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Good stuff guys flounder has been slow in south jersey too. Not sure what the deal is first people were blaming the gator blues, then the cold water temps, now summertime boat traffic. This has been my slowest flounder year so far.
                            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Now I wear a thin, quick dry, loose fit athletic pants. The pants keeps me cool. Mine is from Target, $16.

Joe
                              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
                              X