6/15 Snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/15 Snakehead

Went out on Dogue Creek for a couple hours today and ended up catching my first snakehead. My line was tangled during the fight so I called it a day but there were more out there. I could see them break the water and then a few bubbles surface as if they were exhaling. I'm going to head back out this weekend and try to catch one fishing topwater. We'll see how this goes...
    Attached Files
    2010 Hobie Outback

Hell yea snakehead!! hey PM me your number so we can meet up and fish soon.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

They are supposed to be a good table fish- I am going to see about some recipes for them- but figure to catch a few this Sunday in Mattawoman Creek- nice going- what did you catch it on? Looks like you were using bait.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

I've also heard they are good eating. Are you planning to cook it up?

Comment

Congradulations, see you were wearing your lucky MKF shirt

Comment

That's awesome. I read a few years ago on the VDGIF site that Dogue Creek is a snakehead hotspot. I've been wanting to fish it since then. Where did you launch from?
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice catch! I hope the fish was fully dead before you held it in photo #3 with your thumb in its mouth.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Pinch, sent you a PM and am ready to get back out there.

ronaultmtd, I caught it jigging a plastic worm and was getting ready to try some topwater when it took the bait. Ended up giving it away to the guy that took the pic but I'm looking forward to trying some this weekend. When are you going out?
                2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

We are going on Father's Day- launching from Slavins -meeting around 11 so we can fish the afternoon falling tide- I think we will have a blast

Comment

sweet...nice job. im not sure about eating one but let me know how it tastes
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I figure out of all of us - one might catch a snakehead, but even that isn't a given- lots of people have fished hard for them and have yet to catch one- they may be here but the fish are fish and fish can be finicky about biting- the most probably happening Sunday is we all catch some Bass and maybe a channel catfish or two and get some exercise paddling our yaks-

Comment

Working...
                      X