Orange Beach, Alabama 6-7 through 6/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Beach, Alabama 6-7 through 6/10

Headed down for a few days of work in Mobile, Alabama, flying to New Orleans Sunday, driving rental car into Mobile...taking my travel rods and two reels- my Revo toro 50 NaCL and Penn Squall 40- depending on the weather, my Alabama fishing buddies have invited me to two trips- one inshore for specks, reds and tarpon and one offshore for grouper, triggerfish and red snapper...both travel rods are proven performers, having caught lots of big fish including an 18 pound Alabama red snapper and a 37 pound King Salmon on the Columbia River in Oregon...hopefully, the weather will cooperate as Alabama has a very short general Red Snapper season of 9 days...charter boats have a 30 day season...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Good luck Ron. I'm in Mobile till the 12th for some training and hope to spend my off day 6/7 on the water. Hopefully I can cross triple tail off the list!

Comment

Triple tails are a good table fish...yumm and they put up a good fight on light tackle...we are going all the way down to Daulpin Island to launch...hopefully the weather will cooperate..I have been under the weather for a week sick with infected sinus...it has been brutal, so I am looking forward to some salt water therapy...and some pullag from some big old red snappers and vermillion groupers...wouldn't mind hooking up a nice silver King, but that is really hit or miss..

Comment

we launched at 5:45 am this morning from Dauphin Island and headed out on my buddy's 21 foot Mako center console with twin 115 Evinrudes- it was rough and the seas kept building- we decided to stop at a reef 18 miles offshore- the snapper were biting but the ocean was getting really bad so we decided to head back to port- about two miles later the starboard engine started acting up- the weather closed in on us and we were locked in a nasty thunderstom- one engine out we could not fight 6 foot chop and stay on plane with one engine- 4 hours later and three nasty thunderstoms we made it back to launch- truly an epic adventure that I would not want to wish on my worst enemy- 60 mile per hour winds, washing machine chop coming at you from every direction, green lightning, rain so hard you could not see 50 feet and limping in on one engine...not what I had in mind, but thankful to be writing this post-

Comment

Yikes, The t-storms have definitely been rolling through! Sunday was much less exciting for me. Rented a POS 10 ft SoT at the Daulphin Island Marina and fished the adjoining areas with shrimp and lures. Picked up a pair of nice flounder at 18-19 inches, some micro croaker and pinfish. Nice day to be on the water but I would fill that yak full of holes and set it on fire if it was mine!

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            we launched at 5:45 am this morning from Dauphin Island and headed out on my buddy's 21 foot Mako center console with twin 115 Evinrudes- it was rough and the seas kept building- we decided to stop at a reef 18 miles offshore- the snapper were biting but the ocean was getting really bad so we decided to head back to port- about two miles later the starboard engine started acting up- the weather closed in on us and we were locked in a nasty thunderstom- one engine out we could not fight 6 foot chop and stay on plane with one engine- 4 hours later and three nasty thunderstoms we made it back to launch- truly an epic adventure that I would not want to wish on my worst enemy- 60 mile per hour winds, washing machine chop coming at you from every direction, green lightning, rain so hard you could not see 50 feet and limping in on one engine...not what I had in mind, but thankful to be writing this post-
            that's crazy, glad you got back ok.

Originally posted by chimo View Post
            Yikes, The t-storms have definitely been rolling through! Sunday was much less exciting for me. Rented a POS 10 ft SoT at the Daulphin Island Marina and fished the adjoining areas with shrimp and lures. Picked up a pair of nice flounder at 18-19 inches, some micro croaker and pinfish. Nice day to be on the water but I would fill that yak full of holes and set it on fire if it was mine!
            LOL, what made it do horrible??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
              LOL, what made it do horrible??
              It doesn't have pedals! Duh!
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

It didn't track, no glide, no storage, no seat, hull slap on flat water, etc etc. I've used some yak's I wasn't fond of, Cobra Explorer, OC Scrambler, some generic SinK's for example but this thing took the cake.

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                  It doesn't have pedals! Duh!
                  If they ever send me back down here for training again I'm driving and bringing the Revo for sure!

Comment

Working...
                  X