Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henlopen Blue Fish Bonanza

Snaggedliners,
    Hope everyone is well. We just wanted to share a video we made from the Blue Fish Run last month here at Cape Henlopen. Kayakers are DPS Hobie Pro Staff Joe Hosler, Jon Cunningham and Delaware Paddlesports manager Chris Erby. Hope you enjoy the video!

https://vimeo.com/127252252

http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com
    302-645-7300
    302-249-1695 (Feel Free to text this number with any questions)

Nice job and great fish!!!

I see you guys put in next to the fishing pier. Is there free parking around that area? I have been planning to take a trip to CHSP this summer and wasn't sure where to put in.

Regards,

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

John, parking is free right at the Fishing Pier but you of course have to pay the park entrance fee. There is a trail to the right and to the left of the pier to get your kayak down. Also, the Pier is closed to foot traffic this summer which makes it a kayaker's dream.

Comment

Yeah, nice video. Makes me want to get out there again.

Out-of-state entrance fee is $10. No overnight stay at the parking lot. I know this because Park Authority tapped on my glass and woke me up 4 am to tell me to be on my way. You may also want to check out the camp area.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I assume it is closed to continue repairs from the hurricane a few years ago?

I knew about the entrance fee and it will be day trips for me so I won't need the cabins.

Regards,

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
            Yeah, nice video. Makes me want to get out there again.

Out-of-state entrance fee is $10. No overnight stay at the parking lot. I know this because Park Authority tapped on my glass and woke me up 4 am to tell me to be on my way. You may also want to check out the camp area.
            If you're ever tired, head over to the walmart close by. Most walmarts don't mind if you sleep in their parking lot, unless there is a local law against it.

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
              If you're ever tired, head over to the walmart close by. Most walmarts don't mind if you sleep in their parking lot, unless there is a local law against it.
              Not all Walmarts allow overnight stays. That Lewes/Rehoboth Walmart does not allow overnight stays. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
                Thanks for the info. I assume it is closed to continue repairs from the hurricane a few years ago?

I knew about the entrance fee and it will be day trips for me so I won't need the cabins.

Regards,

John
                That's right. The pier is closed. So is the B&T shop. They even shut off the public water facet station for washing off sand. The restrooms are open.

You can surf fish. It's pretty shallow on either side of the pier along the shore. If you want deeper water (goes down to about 30' within 100-200' from shore depending on the tides), you may want to go down east of the pier maybe 800-1000 yards toward the point.
                Last edited by tufnik; 05-31-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Feel free to park behind Delaware Paddlesports for a nap if you guys want. Just shoot me a message on my cell to let me know. Brian 302-249-1695

Comment

Originally posted by Delaware Paddlesports View Post
                    Feel free to park behind Delaware Paddlesports for a nap if you guys want. Just shoot me a message on my cell to let me know. Brian 302-249-1695
                    Awesome! I may just take you up on that because every now and then I fish two days in DE, and I just need a place to park my car as I sleep overnight in it. I will usually park/sleep at 9 pm and be on my way as early as 5 am the next day.

Comment

Sounds good! Not a problem Tufnik!

Comment

Cape Henlopen Blue Fish Bonanza

There were still scattered blue fish around as of the 24th. We fished from about 9 to 3 and I managed to catch 2. One around 34" and one around 20". We didn't see any in the fish finder but happened upon a school chowing down in the surf. Literally spotted their tails out of the water 5' off the bank.

Talked to a few people fishing for fluke and didn't hear of anyone catching anything. It was fun while it lasted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by willf650; 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM.
                        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                        2015 Coosa HD
                        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by Delaware Paddlesports View Post
                          just when I thought you guys couldn't get any better. seriously love your shop and your customer service (and tax free)

Comment

Working...
                          X