Hobie Revo Drilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Revo Drilling

well, inspired by the rod holders MOC has i went to work on a pvc version. I also installed a hummingbird 170 with a well transducer mount (inspird by grilled sardine)

Picked the revo up this morning, this is where ive taken it to in the last few hours. Still waiting on the pvc well to dry.

More to come. Im outfitting this so i can take friends out however it may take the place of the torque on a few trips.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

after reading about it im going to fill the transducer well with ultrasound gel or a water/ky snot mixture.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Looks good Pinch! I saw something like that on a west coast forum. That's what inspired me to come up with the aluminum model you saw at the M&G. I did a prototype out of PVC. The trouble I had with that is it looks like plumbing! But it is just as useful and quite a bit cheaper!

Comment

Looks pretty good. Almost looks like exhaust pipes. Got a hemi under the hood?

Where's the transducer well located?

I too have a 170, but with the thru-the-scupper hole transducer. What transducer are you using? Would like to see pics of installation.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice Job Pinch. Another yak to the fleet.

Comment

Looks good- reminds me of me- I had similar thoughts after I got my first Yak from Metro- second one came a week later- thanks to a sale by West Marine and Dogfish pointing it out on the forum-

Wife fusses at me about all my "gadgets" and why so high tech? She asked me if I have so many gadgets (my new GoPro Camera is en-route) will I not pay attention to why I got the yak in the first place?- simple, fast and able to go fishing on a moment's notice without having the massive preparations of a boat motor and trailer setup- simple, basic and able to fish places boats can't-

Are all women like mine? They just don't understand us men-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              Wife fusses at me about all my "gadgets" and why so high tech? She asked me if I have so many gadgets (my new GoPro Camera is en-route) will I not pay attention to why I got the yak in the first place?- simple, fast and able to go fishing on a moment's notice without having the massive preparations of a boat motor and trailer setup- simple, basic and able to fish places boats can't-

Are all women like mine? They just don't understand us men-
              Ditto! +1

Comment

Looks good! Where did you find black pvc? Or did you paint? I am thinking about making the same rod holder configuration so that I can ditch the crate. The pockets are really nice on the revo.

Bc of all your rigging I finally got the motivation to drill holes in my revo. I installed a flushmount scotty with a rocket launcher on the left gunnel and a flushmount scotty back behind the tankwell for my visipole. I also got a 1'' ram ball wedge and a humminbird piranhamax 170. I did the transducer with ductseal and I'm going to just throw the battery in a dry bag this time. I now have no more excuses for not taking the revo out, other than the wet seat.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Man, Jack, you don't mess around. Nice job on the Revo.

Michael--how did the flush mount install go? Got any pics or tips. I'm still considering it for the other side of my yak.

As for the women question, mine likes gadgets more than I do. Plus, she rides horses, which costs way more than my tackle allowance. Perhaps the key is finding a lady with a hobby that's more expensive than yours.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I used a 1 1/4 spade bit and then a dremel to get the hole to size. I left it very tight and had to punch the holder in. I put a piece of pool noodle underneath the lines when I did the drilling. I also made a cardboard template. The front two screws are short and the back ones are longer. All have small washers and locknuts. The tube for the up control goes right around the holder and the rudder line is out of the way below. Kinda tense, but once you make a decent template you can see how it lines up ok. I can take inside shots if that helps?
                    Last edited by Redfish12; 06-14-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Looks good. Heck of a fleet ur building there!
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Looking good!
                        Hobie Revolution 13
                        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thanks for the pics and tips, Michael. How did you make the cardboard template?
                          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Dang Pinch ........... I'm changing your screen name to Taz ....... the cartoon Tasmanian Devil that is whirlwind of activity .......... you've customized/bought and invented more stuff in a couple of weeks than the entire club did in an year .......... and a decade for me .......... and it is all to perfection ........

Another great job dude .......... you're amazing ......... now ....... take your prozac .........

Comment

I just traced the bottom circle, cut it out with a knife, then pushed the bottom through and traced the holes and outline. Cut it out and you're good to go!

The hull is really thick here and the spade bit is definitely not the best tool for the job if you do not have a steady hand as it will tend to try to make an oval. Slow is the name of the game! I couldn't find a 1 3/8" hole saw bit that didn't require buying the collet for it too which would have been about $20 that I didn't want to spend. I had the 1 1/4" already so I went with that since my dremel skills are not the best with the cutting bit.

No kidding Pinch. Last night I did two flushmounts, three ram balls, a depthfinder, a zig zag cleat, some small repairs, some deckloops, and some other stuff. Thanks for the motivation .

Comment

Working...
                              X